Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n0torious
    • Jun 2003

ASF Movie Problem?? Please Help!

I have this little Panasonic DV Cam I have been using for a while. I record the movies then transfer them to my hard drive in asf format. This particular movie I made is 4:01 minutes long, but media player will only show me 3:15 minutes of it, then ends the show. It comes up with an error that sais "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play." Media player doesn't shut down, it just stops playing... any idea what's wrong? is my file corrupt? This only happens after I have converted the movie from the camera to my computer. A couple of the movies are fine right to the end but the rest cut off at random times before the end of the movie? Any idea on how to avoid this, repair my files or fix this in any way? I have already tried converting the giles into differnt formats and playing the ASF files with differnt programs. Please let me know. Thanks.

Ok... For this Movie it is 4:01 long and it stops at 3:15. I uploaded it as a zip file to my server. If you would like, please download it here: http://www.quakeaudio.com/movie.zip

Note: This was a bunch of teenagers camping so theres some bad language, etc to disregard that. Hehe.

Please try to help me out. About 8 out of 10 of my movies all cut off at the end and I really can't have that. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

what programme did you use?

what others formats did you try to save this file to?

does it have to be asf as final format?

i used a panasonic nv-30 the previous weekend and divx5-avi as my final output format.

of course i did not want to stream the content via internet or transfer it in any other way. my goal was a near-perfect quality video which can be burned to cd in the end.

Comment

• n0torious
      • Jun 2003

The program is called "Movie Stage" and it comes with the Panasonic SV-AV10 camera that I use. The only way to output it is in asf format. I'm willing to do anything to make the whole movie work???

Comment

• Deus
        • Nov 2001

So your movies normally play fine except in this instance? Could be a error while recording the video, or its corrupt. I would load it into Virtualdub and see if you can get to the part of the video WMP wolnt play. If you can I would convert it to another format such as MPEG1 with TMPGEnc. First You have to rip off the audio then use that as the audio and the original asf as the video in TMPGEnc.

Comment

• n0torious
          • Jun 2003

No. This has happend to all of the movies that I have made with this camera. There's no way I can get an error when recording the video. I record it onto the panasonic 64mb memory card, then transfer it to the computer and it only plays 3/4's of the movie. I've already tried TMPGEnc and VirtualDub and both do not fix the movie. Does it play to the end for you?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i used firewire to connect the nv-30 to the pc, which worked fast and reliable.

no chance you could transfer the the video to your pc via usb or firewire?
            Last edited by UncasMS; 5 Jun 2003, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• n0torious
              • Jun 2003

No. I have little cards that store the videos then I put them in a USB Reader/Writer and transfer them.

Comment

Working...