X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noizEwater
    • May 2003

Pixilation

Hey everyone.

About over a month ago I posted I was having pixilation problems. I took the advice given to me and I got a firewire card and started using Ulead.

I capture the videos now as AVI at 720x480.

I burnt the video as VCD using my Bclips Gold program. The VCD wasnt all that great. There was like an wierd 'aura' around the people. As if pixilated.

So I used Nero Express to create a SVCD with menus.

This helped with the pixilation problem slightly. It will play in my dvd player but not in a few other peoples. And I have to hit the <-- arrow in order for it to work. Why is that?

I'd like to be able to make perfect copies of my movies and have them play on all dvd players. Any help?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"It will play in my dvd player but not in a few other peoples."

1) Not all standalone DVD players play SVCDs

2) Many standalone DVD players are "finicky" about which brands of CD-R media they'll recognize

Comment

• noizEwater
      • May 2003

Ok, so i'll keep tabs of the kind of cdr i use now.

So, how do i make DVD's instead of VCD, SVCD?
      I have a Sony DVD-r/rw in my compy 9000.

And what about the actual pixilation of the images? (The 'aura' around the images.) This is actually my main concern. I dont want to loose any quality in the transfer and production of the clips.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"So, how do i make DVD's instead of VCD, SVCD?"

1) Load your .AVI into "TMPGEnc". Use the DVD wizard/template to convert to appropriate DVD format

2) Load your converted file into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to create all required additional files and folders. If your O/S is Win2000 or XP, you can use the burn function in this version of DVD Author to burn your DVD. If your O/S is Win98, use NERO or similar to burn as "DVD-Video"

Comment

• noizEwater
          • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
          "So, how do i make DVD's instead of VCD, SVCD?"

1) Load your .AVI into "TMPGEnc". Use the DVD wizard/template to convert to appropriate DVD format

2) Load your converted file into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to create all required additional files and folders. If your O/S is Win2000 or XP, you can use the burn function in this version of DVD Author to burn your DVD. If your O/S is Win98, use NERO or similar to burn as "DVD-Video"
          will this take care of the pixilation 'aura' that i speak of as well?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"will this take care of the pixilation 'aura' that i speak of as well?"

You've provided no information as to what might be causing this, so I can't possibly answer you with certainty. I can, however, tell you, that going from a 720x480 .AVI to a 720x480 MPEG2-for-DVD will yield better results than your previous conversions to VCD and SVCD...

Comment

• noizEwater
              • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
              "will this take care of the pixilation 'aura' that i speak of as well?"

You've provided no information as to what might be causing this, so I can't possibly answer you with certainty. I can, however, tell you, that going from a 720x480 .AVI to a 720x480 MPEG2-for-DVD will yield better results than your previous conversions to VCD and SVCD...
              i could provide you a sample so you could check it out. if not then the best i could describe it is like an aura. the pixels look discolored when met with certain colors.

oh how i wish there was a 'for dummys' version of this so i didnt have to bug you guys. *just gave me an excuse to use that icon*

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

like setarip said: dont convert to vcd/svcd any more and dont expect that converting crappy formats like vcd/svcd to dvd will improve quality: it WONT!

start from scratch

create dvds from your high resolution (720 x 480) material and it should look fine.

Comment

Working...