PowerDVD XP 4.0 & Voodoo 3000: DOES NOT WORK!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beer
    • Nov 2001

PowerDVD XP 4.0 & Voodoo 3000: DOES NOT WORK!

I have downloaded the trial/unofficial version of PowerDVD XP 4.0 that circulates on the Internet, and I tried it.

With Hong Kong DVDs it works great.
    With R2 discs, it gives an error message and doesn't play the movie: it says "There is a problem with your TV Out". When clicking on "details", it says that I have to disable the TV Out of my video card (Voodoo 3000 AGP) because of copy protection reasons.

Ok, I bet it's for Macrovision, but... my TV Out IS ALREADY DE-ACTIVATED!!!!!!!

I never even used it once, and on the 3dfx control panel the "Enable TV Out" is unchecked!

I have Win 98, and my V3 has the latest BIOS version (I had an old one, but yesterday I flashed it to see if something changed) and 1.07 WHQL drivers. I also tried third party unofficial drivers, but nothing.

It looks like PDVD has a bug in seeing the TV Out as active even when it isn't... A friend of mine with a V3 has the same problem.

Any hint?

P.S. With PowerDVD 3.0 I never had a problem
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i know damn well what you're talking about!!!

same happened to me.

my transcoding pc does have the v3 3k and when i gave powerdvd4 a try the very first dvd i tried didnt work and gave me the very same error message!

it was metallicas S&M!

the next dvd, however, the last of the mohicans played fine!

my conlusion was: cyberlink have to learn their lessons and release some patch since this imho MUST BE A BUG in powerdvd, since only certain titles are effected.
    i was so fed up i deleted version 4 and re-installed 3 again (not using xp though!)

Comment

• Beer
      • Nov 2001

SO?

Has this problem been solved with the official release?

I emailed Cyberlink explaining the problem: they said "buy the retail version", but they didn't say "Ok, we are aware of the problem. You are assured that thew retail version is free of it"...

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

well maybe it is a bug with some pre-release or cyberlink support is a piece of s**t!?

Comment

• Burnmore
          • Dec 2001

Ah yes! Macrovision has learned a big lesson from our pal Billy. They are saying you must purchase a video card that they deem worthy.

Check out my post "More On Macrovision" in the "Gripes and Boycotts" forum.

Comment

Working...