Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realas
    • Jan 2003

can't extract wav from avi

can't with virtualdub extract wav from avi. "The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format." what's the problem? (avi2wav makes bad file).
    realas
  • Milliardo
    • Aug 2003

i know how

Use graphedit.

take out the video filters and the audio render 9but not the codec!). add file writer and wav dest from directshow filters. link wav dest to file writer and to the audio codec. hit play and it will write it!

If u cant understand this e-mail me.

Turbo_man_the_killer@msn.com

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

your title implies EXTRACTING
      the content deals with COMPRESSION

so what do you want to do?

for simple extraction load the file into virtualdubMOD, go to streams => stream list, click the very stream you want and then DEMUX

Comment

• Milliardo
        • Aug 2003

Wait why dont you just use tmpgenc and only save the audio. Then convert the mp1/mp2/mp3/mpa into wav.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

In order to extract a .WAV file from the standard VirtualDub (and NanDub), load the .AVI - and then from the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as WAV". Save with a new filename (with a .WAV extension).

If you're using VirtualDubMod, from the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV". Save with a new filename (with a .WAV extension).
          Last edited by setarip; 3 Aug 2003, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

If you're using VirtualDubMod, from the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV". Save with a new filename (with a .WAV extension).
            did you ever actually use vdMOD and the routine described yourself?

this procedure will NOT give you a wave file.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

"did you ever actually use vdMOD and the routine described yourself?
              this procedure will NOT give you a wave file."

Yes I have - and ,for example, here's a file header:

RIFF..
              .WAVEfmt ....U...D...................9...q.fact.....8(.data p.
              ...pT.....K...... m......,......%..........

Is there possibly something I'm misunderstanding, either in the results or, perhaps, in your question?

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

who cares for the file header, when the file in questions comes out the size of the mp3 that's inside the avi?

so you produce an mp3 with a wave header - whatfor?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

"who cares for the file header, when the file in questions comes out the size of the mp3 that's inside the avi?

so you produce an mp3 with a wave header - whatfor?"

Where in the original post to this thread, by "realas" do you see any reference to an .MP3 audiostream?

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

i wasnt referring to the original post

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

I sense something brewing on the horizon...

Comment

• shiny#3
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Jul 2003

to setarip

what Uncas meant was that the Save WAV procedure of
                        virtualdub (mod) does not produce a wav file.

it just rips out the chosen audiostream from the avicontainer
                        and then saves it just with a new wav header and a wav suffix.
                        the audiostream itself does not go through a conversion process
                        and there fore remains unchanged.

this is most likley to result in a mp3 stream with a wav header.
                        as long as the original AVI file did contain a mp3 audiostream.
                        Last edited by shiny#3; 5 Aug 2003, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

Dear Shiny #3

"as long as the original AVI file did contain a mp3 audiostream."

I'll repeat - the original post by "realas" asks about extracting a .WAV stream from an .AVI file - not from an .AVI containing an .MP3 file. If realas MEANT something else, he/she didn't state so.

But I have no interest in "beating a dead horse".

Glad to see you're not "flying high" today ;>}

Comment

• shiny#3
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Jul 2003

I do understand that.

and I am not the one who beats any horses at all either.

this misunderstanding did occur when Uncas was reffering to your post and suggestion:

"In order to extract a .WAV file from the standard VirtualDub (and NanDub), load the .AVI - and then from the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as WAV". Save with a new filename (with a .WAV extension).

If you're using VirtualDubMod, from the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV". Save with a new filename (with a .WAV extension)."

this procedure results in a audio stream carrying a wav header
                            and a suffix but still contains the original audiostream unchanged,

and MAYBE in a wave headered mp3 stream if realas audio source
                            was a aviwrapped mp3 stream before.

but ok.

I just wanted to inform you also what your suggested procedure will do.

i also do understand that your suggsestion will serve many application with the need information on the audiostream
                            and i guess thats why you suggested it.

but for example the CCE will not take wav files of this kind.

well since realas did not repost I geuss he was able to solve his problem
                            and that is what matters

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

I'll repeat - the original post by "realas" asks about extracting a .WAV stream from an .AVI file - not from an .AVI containing an .MP3 file. If realas MEANT something else, he/she didn't state so.
                              i wonder what chances are on scale from 0 - 100 that the avi realas was referring to had WAVE-audio as soundformat?

more than 0.5?

the typical case would be that a user wants a particluar audiostream as waveformat from a videofile that has some sort of soundstream included like mp3 or ac3 or maybe ogg vorbis.

the average videofile might contain wave if we want to continue splitting hairs - this constellation, however, is somewhat unlikely.

and using the proposed save-wave-routine with any other audioformat than wave will lead to an audiofile with waveheader only, not a true wavefile.

in other words much ado 'bout nothing.

Comment

Working...