X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birky Jatt
    • Aug 2003

Burning Vcd/mpeg 1 Onto A Dvdr Disk

HI ALL

Could someone please help me. I have converted 5 avi films to mpeg 1. I now want to burn them onto a DVDR- disk. What program do I use.

I have tried, NERO, NTI CD CREATOR and various others.

Thanking you all in advance......

Cheers

Birky
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you simply wish to burn them. in their present form, to a DVD-R (essentially for other-than-hard drive storage and playback only on your PC) - or are you attempting to create something that will playback on your standalone DVD player?

Comment

• Birky Jatt
      • Aug 2003

something that would play on a standalone dvd player

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Assuming you still have the .AVIs, the following is one set of procedures that you can use (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods):

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
        (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Birky Jatt
          • Aug 2003

thanks, the only problem is that using and configuring tmpgenc to DVD/PAL is a bit difficult..I have done this to a few dvd/films and the sound is not in time with the pic...

I just want to burn vcd's onto a dvdr disk, hence that way, I can fit about 3/4 movies on one disk.....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I just want to burn vcd's onto a dvdr disk"

I personally don't know of a method of doing this that would allow for playback on your standalone DVD player- or if any standalone players would recognize such a DVD.

"the only problem is that using and configuring tmpgenc to DVD/PAL is a bit difficult"

You should have a PAL-DVD template available in TMPGEnc - which should automatically establish the proper settings, including those necessary to maintain synchronization...

Comment

• Birky Jatt
              • Aug 2003

ok, i'll try that, the PalDVD template, can I d/load that from anywhere, as I dont think my TMPGEnc has it installed....

thanks matey

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

Talk about DVD authoring and editing, including support tools such as PgcEdit, MenuShrink...

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"ok, i'll try that, the PalDVD template, can I d/load that from anywhere, as I dont think my TMPGEnc has it installed...."

Click on the "Load" radiobutton and look in both (if you have both) the "Extra" and "Templates" folders. These should have been included as part of your original installation of TMPGEnc...

Comment

Working...