X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waynebinuk
    • Aug 2003

Movie playback to TV

Hello Peeps,

I download quite a lot of films and have been getting sick of watching em on my pc monitor so as my graphics card has a S-Video output I thought it would be nice to link my PC with the TV in my bedroom so I can watch em in comfort. So I ordered myself a nice S-Video lead which connects the two together GREAT!, I have windows desktop and everything else appearing on my TV except when I actually start to play a film the box with the movie in is black on my TV but has the film in it on my monitor what the hell is going on I have real big back log of films to watch please help!!!!!!

Thnx

Wayne
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

check the tv-out OVERLAY options

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

you have to change the monitor to the TV from control panel>>display>>settings>>advanced>>displays

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

in addition to that it would be great to know
        what kind of graphic card you have.

nvidia based, ati based, or other!!

since setting options might be slightly different.

Comment

• waynebinuk
          • Aug 2003

Hi again,

And thanks for your rapid response, firstly I am running a Geforce 4 TI4600 and I have checked that the output is set to Tv and everything else I can see seems to be set right. I am not to sure about the Tv-out overley controls (what are they? and where are they?) everything on my Pc monitor appears on my Tv screen except for the actual movie thats playing if I play the movie in full screen on my monitor I get full screen and a perfect picture but just a black screen on my Tv any ideas?

Comment

• waynebinuk
            • Aug 2003

Hi

Success I have found and changed the overlay controls and hey presto it's appeared the only other thing is I have 2 black bars at the top and bottom of the screen is this just because it's a widescreen Tv ?

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

is this just because it's a widescreen Tv
              if these bars only occur with certain movies then i'd say they are perfectly normal when dealing with NON fullscreen titles.

Comment

• bridgette
                • Aug 2003

Hi, I have the same problems as Waynebinuk had, black screen. where do I find these overlay controls, and what do I do? It's very frustrating!!!

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

since the overlay settings depend on vga and driver you cant expect us to know where you'll find it.

rightclicking the desktop and looking at your vga properties will be a good start.

the black bars are due to the movies resolution and thus neither annoying nor unusual - annoying are those crappy (american) 4:3 formats from my point of view.

Comment

• Reiss
                    • Jul 2003

tv out

if your using a gforce. it helps to dowload the latest drivers.
                    nview has a tonne of options for your tv out
                    with regards to the black bars - i tend to adjust the aspect ratio on my video player (zoom player or divx) by right clicking in the video screen and selecting a 4:3 aspect ratio. makes the image fit the tv perfectly.
                    P4 3ghz Prescott
                    1gb Kingston hyper x
                    Radion 9800pro
                    200gb sata
                    Win XP Pro SP2 MCE'05

Comment

• waynebinuk
                      • Aug 2003

Thanks a lot you guys all seems well on the tv, now I just have to suss burning images to dvd

Comment

Working...