Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J-Mack
    • Jun 2004

Am I missing a codec?

Im making a slideshow for a friend of mine who passed away. Im using memories on the tv to make the slideshow, and it supports avi,mpg,mov,mpeg4. The reason Im trying to avoid using avi for the video clips in the show is because the divx logo is very irritating + mpg=better quality. When I load a mpg clip it comes up as a file that can't be read, yet the program supports mpg. Am I missing a codec? If so which one should I DL. Thanks.
    Last edited by J-Mack; 1 Aug 2004, 02:08 PM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i very much doubt that mpg is better quality than avi

and the logo can normally be disabled

Comment

• J-Mack
      • Jun 2004

How can I disable the logo?

Comment

• Phytrax
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2004

Your player may require a specific format for the mpg. Frames per second, resolution, etc. I'd go with the divx format if you can. AVI CAN BE much higher quality than mpg. Avi files can use many different data formats though. Uncompressed avi files are "perfect" quality but huge files. High bit rate divx can be as good of quality as any mpg from what I've seen.

You probably have a shareware divx codec if you're seeing a logo. The easiest way to "turn it off" would likely be to download a different divx codec from another site. Do a search for divx codecs and when you render your video you should be able to select which codec you want to use.

Comment

• J-Mack
          • Jun 2004

Downloaded divx 5.2 codec...same problem. I took a small mpg clip and converted it to avi using the divx 5.2 codec, still has the logo.

Comment

• Phytrax
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jul 2004

Try the codec from here:

Download the latest version of the DivX codec and DivX player, which is needed to play DivX videos. We offer free downloads for both Windows and Mac users.

Comment

• Phytrax
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jul 2004

Nevermind, that has the logo too at the beginning of the movie. I have one without from somewhere.

Comment

• J-Mack
                • Jun 2004

Damn, thanks for trying.

Comment

Working...