Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • personguy
    • Jun 2006

lacking sp1.cab

my laptop was shipped with service pack 2, and i don't have an sp1.cab file.

i found a site:

where i can download the sp1 files
    ohci1394.sys
    1394bus.sys

but i can't seem to find the other two files, or a place where i can download the sp1.cab file.

i realise this thread was started two years ago, but i'm having this exact problem (pc doesn't recognise the dv camera at all and says the firewire card is functioning properly).

maybe there's a better/different solution for this problem by now?
    using an acer laptop with a roper ieee1394 pcmcia adapter to connect a canon mv790 camera.

thanks.

Comment

• ljraggy
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by
      where i can download the sp1 files
      [B
      ohci1394.sys
      1394bus.sys[/B]
      I don't know where to locate these on the web.... did a google but no luck you might be lucky....

I could send you these files if you like via email.....

digital-digest@thegyde.com
      PC XP SP2 Modifed - Gigabyte DQ6, 2.4Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gig Ram, Nvidia 8800, 2xSATA 300gig, 2xSATA 120gig, 2x120Gig IDE, 1 Asus Light ScribeSATA, 1x Pioneer Sata , DV, blah blah
      DV - Panasonic NV-GS120 HD Divco Fusion Plus HDTV
      P/SCanon i865 - Canon EIDE20 - Canon 350D
      FAV.MEDIA SOFTWARE - VEGAS - DVD Architect- SHRINK - NERO - GSPot - AV NOT ME LMAO

Comment

• nandanmv
        • Sep 2007

Got it to Work!

I got it to work and wanted to share how I did it. I had my 1394 capture and it had stopped working for some reason. I tried everything on the post:
        1) Replacing Sp2 with Sp1 files
        2) Registering DLL

Unfortunately they did not work. I finally opened up my PC and moved the card to another PCI slot and Voila! It worked!! Got the "Ding Dong" after restart of PC with the camera plugged in.

Thanks to all members for the contributions.

Cheers!
        Nandan

Comment

• sinclair75
          • Nov 2007

Not detected

I've done everything suggested here, but my issue is slightly different. My camera works just fine - records and plays back on the small lcd screen. The last video I have transferred was on the 17th of July this year and really did very little video work until mid September. The problem is, like most in this post, Windows does not detect my camera now. It is a Canon IXY DVM (Optura 200MC in the states) and I contacted Canon about the issue, they said,

"When connected to your computer by Firewire and turned on to the TAPE/PLAY(VCR) mode, the words "DV IN" should appear in the camcorder's LCD display. The appearance of the "DV IN" message indicates that the camcorder has detected your Firewire port and is waiting for a signal from the video editing software to begin the transfer of footage. The remainder of the transfer process is controlled by that software; we would suggest reviewing the instructions for that program for further information.

If the "DV IN" message does not appear, or if it flashes, then there may be an issue with the camcorder's DV IN/OUT port, the Firewire cable, or the Firewire port on your computer. To rule out the camcorder and cable as the source of the issue, we would suggest connecting the camcorder to a different computer via Firewire. If the "DV IN" message still does not appear, or continues to flash, then you may try a different Firewire cable, or have the camcorder examined by a service technician."

When I turn on the camcorder and don't have it plugged in, I get nothing but with the cable attached, the dvin flashes. My difficulty is testing it on another computer as firewire cards are not in great use in the small town where I live in Poland - at the high school where I teach, there are none in the comp. lab and none of the staff laptops have them either. I hope it's my firewire card if it's anything... Any chance it could be a software issue though? The camera hasn't been dropped and no water etc. has been spilled on it. It's used, but to go from working to not without warning seems odd...
          help

Comment

• ljraggy
            • Nov 2004

Cable

If you get NO Audio acknowledgment to say you have even plugged the camera in it might be the Cable try getting another cable to use, or see if you can install your card in another machine, Any Machine it should not matter as if the specs are to low you just won't be able to copy your Tape -> Disk.

You Just want to see where your problem lies. Trying other Software is a good idea, I use Sony Vegas, you can get a trial from here http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-33684.html

Hope this helps. Try Another Cable, then Other Machine, use your card in another machine. Most Laptops have Firewire Ports.

Good Luck...
            Last edited by ljraggy; 2 Nov 2007, 01:09 PM.
            PC XP SP2 Modifed - Gigabyte DQ6, 2.4Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gig Ram, Nvidia 8800, 2xSATA 300gig, 2xSATA 120gig, 2x120Gig IDE, 1 Asus Light ScribeSATA, 1x Pioneer Sata , DV, blah blah
            DV - Panasonic NV-GS120 HD Divco Fusion Plus HDTV
            P/SCanon i865 - Canon EIDE20 - Canon 350D
            FAV.MEDIA SOFTWARE - VEGAS - DVD Architect- SHRINK - NERO - GSPot - AV NOT ME LMAO

Comment

• dal1980
              • Mar 2009

One day my Firewire devie worked the next nothing

I read through threads and to me none it makes any sense!!!

I tried replacing the files as stated in the begging of the thread but

a/ dont know if I actually did correctly

b/ nothing happened

Under device manager I can see the IEEE device is seen by the computer but the camcorder is not being seen anymore.

Could be becuase of an automatic windows update??

i tried asystem restore to when I know it worked. No go there either
              To say I am becoming confussed and starting to get a headache over it all is to say very little. Can some one explain in basic english what has happened and how to rectify. I would extreamly appreciate it.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi dal1980,

Welcome aboard ... could you tell us a bit more about your set-up ... what OS are you using ... and what are you doing or what did you do before your problems started.

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• pfloyd
                  Platinum Member
                  Platinum Member
                  • Jun 2007

How are you hooking up the camcorder? Firewire cable?
                  You raise the blade,
                  You make the change,
                  You rearange me till I'm sane.
                  You lock the door, throw away
                  the key,
                  There's someone in my head
                  and it's not me.

Comment

• dal1980
                    • Mar 2009

I am trying to connect via Firewire IEEE 1394, and am running windows XP home. the problem just occured I mean it wasnt like was using the devie and it all stopped working there was about six weeks were I didnt use the device then the next time I tried to use it nothing.

My first thought was thatI may have downloaded or done somthing to the computer that may have caused a typical "user Error" so I tried a system restore from the date I knew it was working. This did not do anything, other than make me frustrated it never worked.

I spoke to one technical premium rate numbe and they have told me to download SP3 as this should correct the problem??

Thanks fo helping in advance.

Regards
                    Dal

Comment

• Robbiebobbie
                      • Jun 2009

Hi,

Looks like this thread went quite in March but I'll give it a try anyway. I'm having similar troubles except that this is the first time I've tried to plug my cancorder into my laptop via firewire.

I'm on Windows XP Home SP2 and have installed an IEEE1394 pc card. My camera is a Samsung VP-D371W MiniDV camera.

I plug the firewire lead in, the camera makes a 'bing bong' noise and the computer does......... nothing! I've successfully replaced the system files with sp1 versions as advised at the beginning of the thread and have disabled the 1394 card in the network settings. Still nothing. I'm guessing the card, camera and lead are ok cos the camera is making a noise every time I connect and disconnect.

Please help cos I need to put video of our soon to arrive baby on the web for my faraway parents to see. Please!

Many thanks,
                      Rob.

Comment

• paglamon
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Which software are you using to try to capture/transfer the video to PC ?
                        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Robbiebobbie
                          • Jun 2009

Hi Paglamon,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm just using Windows Movie Maker 2.1.4026.0 at the moment. Must admit the only thing I hadn't tried was different software - but that was cos I thought the system itself would do something to recognise that the camera was attached first.

Still I'm brand new to digital video so I know very little and welcome all advice!

Comment

• paglamon
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

Try WinDV and let us know what happens.And please make sure that your cam is in PLAYBACK mode.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Robbiebobbie
                              • Jun 2009

Just tried WinDV but still nothing - WinDV reports error, no device found.

Camera still making connection sound when plugged into IEEE1394 card and have checked that the card is working properly in device manager.

Hmmnn!

Comment

• paglamon
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

Maybe try another firewire cable ? And you are sure about the settings in the cam itself? It is in "Play" mode ? After connection,is your cam showing in Windows Explorer ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...