Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pappy646
    • Mar 2005

Can you rotate a video

I took a .avi video portrait and it is sideways on the computer is there a way to correct it like a picture. Is there any way to do it?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I took a .avi video portrait"

Your statement is unclear - Is this a video (an .AVI file) or a static single graphic imagethat you grabbed from an .AVI video (If so, what format is it in?)?

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

you could use the flip parameters in avisynth:

FlipHorizontal(clip clip)

FlipVertical(clip clip)

FlipVertical flips the video upside-down. It is useful for dealing with some video codecs which output everything upside down. Likewise FlipHorizontal (which is present in AviSynth v2.5) flips the video from left to right.

Comment

• pappy646
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for the info UncasMS, I downloaded both 2.5 and 2.8 and have no idea what to do. I have even tried with AVSEdit and I am just plain lost.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

you will have to create a small script (details here: http://avisynth.org/index.php?page=YourFirstScript) with the flip command and afterwards you will load this script (the avs file) into for example virtualdubmod

in vdmod you can then choose a videocompressor like xvid/divx, make your settings and save the file to a new name (file => save as)

+++++++++++++

on the other hand avisynthscript might be the harder way for a beginner

easier is this:

- load your file into vdmod
          - video => filters => add => flip ....

- next choose the video compressor of your choice (video must be set to FULL processing mode)

- file => save as
          Last edited by UncasMS; 9 Mar 2005, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

If it's an .AVI video (NOT a still image), simply use either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMOD and either their built-in "Rotate" or "Rotate2" filters...

Comment

Working...