Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrgrotey
    • Mar 2005

How long for disk image to copy?

Hi guys, Ive got a pretty fast NEC (16x) DVD-RW drive, and I have a pentium 4 2.26Ghz PC. How long should it take 'roughly' for a DVD disk image to be copied onto my computer before I put in the blank media? Its taking my computer about 1hr 6mins at the mo. This just seems a really long time for a decent computer .

Am i worrying over nothing?

Cheers

Michael Grote mrgrotey@yahoo.co.uk
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

what does the *blank media* part have to do with the time, the content needs to be extracted to your hdd?

sounds like your nec is still *rip locked*

go for a decent firmware like the versions from liggy & dee for nec 35xx

Comment

• mrgrotey
      • Mar 2005

I only have one drive so I cant do a copy from one drive to another and the burning back to a blank disk takes another 1/2hr or so. How do I get the frimware for the drive? sorry im a complete novice at this stuff. I bought the drive from ebuyer.com and it didnt come with any disks or anything. but semmed just to work so i didnt think there was anyhing else to do.

oh and by the way, i dont know where i got NEC from, its an LG
      Last edited by mrgrotey; 9 Mar 2005, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i have no experience with lg dvd burners and firmware, so i cant give advise on lg

riplock might be one reason

other reason might be: is a slow pio mode is used for this device and thus transfers take much longer

another aspect is: no title/dvd is like the other

therefor transfering data from one dvd might simply take loner than transfering another title but i do agree that 60+ mins is way to slow

Comment

Working...