X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAFT
    Slightly Stupid
    • Aug 2004

Little Trouble...

I know this is a bit off topic but if anyone could point me in the direction of a good CPU forum I would appreciate. My other Comp is showing a "limited or no connectivity" message and need to address Immediatly. thanks again
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I'm Watching You!!!
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

This one is the one I suggest for the ones that have hardware problems when they run DVD Shrink:

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

If your running Zone Alarm and XP when the little icon comes up in the systray, click on in it then go to repair. I have a router and use Zone Alarm for the outgoing stuff and always make it ask permission in case something got hijacked.

Edit - the IP limited button icon the zone alarm one and then attempt to repair it.
      Last edited by jm1647; 2 Sep 2005, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

thanks cynthia. looks like i'm buying a new net card tomorrow. just hope i can afford the gas to the store.
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• DAFT
          Slightly Stupid
          • Aug 2004

I have Kerio and I got the Limited or no mess off through network connects. still having problems on the conection,no outgoing and limited incomming so i guess it's off to the store with me. I've been a little timid about reclocking the driver for fear that i will somehow affect BIOS but if you can think of a better test I would appreciate.
          I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Order it by mail...

Comment

• DAFT
              Slightly Stupid
              • Aug 2004

on the topic of limited or no connect. I can't get on the internet with that comp...everyone had told me where on the net to get help but i can;t do that with the comp that needs fixing. does anyone know how to get online with this comp to do the ness fixes? i'm at my wits end with this comp and i know the more i tinker the closer i get to screwing the thing up completely.
              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• DAFT
                Slightly Stupid
                • Aug 2004

Just to update all who helped out I figuered out the problem with my connect and i'm online again. Thanks to all who took the time to help.
                I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

could you provide us with what the solution was to your trouble?

i'd suggest to uninstall the network card, remove them physically, start windows without it, shutdown, restart and then install necessary network drivers afterwards an maybe assigning fixed ip addresses for the installed network cards in case i was using a router

what did you do?

Comment

• DAFT
                    Slightly Stupid
                    • Aug 2004

my own stupid fault, I was impatient in the installing of the modem and didn't turn power off to the comp before install. all that trouble for nothing. I did get alot of cool new software though for the trouble so i guess it's not a total loss. Thanks again.
                    I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

Working...