Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cool4uall
    • Sep 2005

How to label DVD's???

Hi guyz, i just write Titles on the burned DVD's and i was thinking about getting the labels printed on the DVD with their original DVD Covers available on some sites. But i dont know how to go ahead with them?? There is a DVD Label desinging on the Nero Software and i can type Movie's name over there, but i do print it on a normal paper and stick it to DVD?? Do i need to use a sticker for that? I want answers for all these and could someone suggest me what to do and how to go ahead with it? Thanks.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I highly discourage the use of any kind of paper labels!! It can cause major playback problems and damage your DVD player! If your a good artist, you can try to draw the actual label on the disc. Seriously, use a Sharpie marker and just write the name of the DVD.

If you really want a label though, buy some <a href="http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-16x-dvd-r-media-white-inkjet-hub-printable.html">printable DVD's</a> and buy a <a href="http://peripherals.about.com/od/multifunctionprinters/fr/EpsonRX700.htm">printer</a> that can print directly on the DVD.
    Last edited by jmet; 21 Dec 2005, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Like Jmet already suggested, use a soft tipped permanent marker.

Comment

• cool4uall
        • Sep 2005

Thanks guyz, then i will go ahead with what i'm doing now, writing with a permanent marker and relax!

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Heck, thats what I'm doing!

Comment

• Derree
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jul 2005

Me too...if I want to see the art on the disc I will look at the disc...for a back up I just use a marker...
            sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
            good
            -------------------------------------------

Comment

• cool4uall
              • Sep 2005

What about the CD STOMPER KIT??? Is that not good???

Comment

• steveareno1955
                • Jun 2005

Most cd and dvd burners spin at a high rate of speed, generating a lot of heat which can loosen the glue of the label. So just think what would happen if the label comes off while playing your burnt disk in your stand alone or your burner. Not worth the fix. Sharpies are pretty cheap.
                A F@H Protein Folder
                Find out how you can be a folder to. Read this thread ASAP!!!
                http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

If your not printing directly on the disc (NO PAPER OF ANY KIND), then its not good. I previously told you that if you want a "label", buy printable DVD's and a printer that will print on the disc's. Do you think I would be using a sharpie to label mine if I could do something more authentic looking?

Comment

• IndianPrincess
                    Wild~N~Crazy
                    • Dec 2005

Lol jmet. And you are right it is not worth risking the drive to have fancy labels, hell I myself use a sharpie marker.
                    IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by jmet
                      If your not printing directly on the disc (NO PAPER OF ANY KIND), then its not good. I previously told you that if you want a "label", buy printable DVD's and a printer that will print on the disc's. Do you think I would be using a sharpie to label mine if I could do something more authentic looking?
                      as jmet watches the price of lightscribe media and burners

Comment

• BeckyW
                        • Nov 2005

I use an Epson Printer and it has the tray for printing on Printable DVD's directly.I love it.I have also used the Labeling kits by Memorx and had no problem whatsoever with any of my Backup DVD's.But I like my new printer alot better it saves a fortune on buying the labelsheets and having to take the extra time to print them out and then to put them on my DVDs and make sure they are secured. I would definitley reccomend the new Ebson Printers.

Comment

• cool4uall
                          • Sep 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
                          LOL, OK Got it!

Comment

• bigmacnc
                            • Oct 2005

I like the Epson R200 with SureThing labeling program. Printable media is about as cheap as labels and plain media. They almost give you the printer, but ink is what they make their money on. I am starting to use continuous ink systems. Also you can scan the original DVD label and print it to your backup. I also have LightScribe, but discs are too expensive.

Mack

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

Another thing to consider is whether it's worthwile going to a lot of trouble
                              on a disk that may deteriorate anyway. I am giving serious consideration to
                              redoing grade A movies burned onto grade B media.

Comment

Working...