X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Lurker
    Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
    • Jun 2005

A DVD Burner for under 20 quid!

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=963 I dont know if it's any good or not because there doesnt seem to be a model number, but I just cant get over the price! It doesnt seem so long ago that burners were well over a hundred quid!
    Last edited by Jack Lurker; 27 Feb 2006, 09:31 AM. Reason: I spell like a prat!
    Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
    You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
    There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

• UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

spend 9 quid more and go for the 4550:
    Dedicated to providing tech hardware and services to end users. From individual users to corporate customers, we work hard to provide outstanding, personalized service. Products range from ink cartridge tablets to servers! Pricing and products to meet every budget.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

What's a quid? I thougjt those things were called pounds.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

wait for the nec 4570

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.
        Last edited by Chewy; 27 Feb 2006, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Is any one ever use, UK drive + UK encloser> exchange the power to US power supply?

Thanks
          Last edited by NightTran; 27 Feb 2006, 11:01 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

the 4570 is already available at the very same site jack and i linked to
            (but out of stock atm)

What's a quid? I thougjt those things were called pounds.
            when you talk about *bucks* in american colloquial language you may use *quid* in england when talking about pound sterling
            Last edited by UncasMS; 27 Feb 2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

there's only been a couple tested but the first ones seem to have fixed scanning issues

one guy here in the us is having it shipped to him, now that's dedicated

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Oh I see. So it's slang. Thanks for clearing it up!
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                  • Jun 2005

I wasnt planning on buying it. I have just bought a 4550 for £28 and I have a Liteon and an old phillips as well, it was just the price that caught my attention. I cant beleive how cheap burners are now, I paid well over a hundred squid for my first Phillips a couple of years ago. It just got me to wondering if a drive at that price would be any good, I sort of got the feeling that at that price they would be pretty crappy.

Drf, you will get used to my slang, it slips into my posts now and then when i'm tired. I usually edit it out though. Note we also call Pounds "squids" as well where I come from. The favourite is £6 which becomes "Sick Squid"
                  Jack

You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
                  There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

dont start cockney, jack, or nobody is going to understand you ^_~

+++++

london slang test
                    Last edited by UncasMS; 28 Feb 2006, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                      • Jun 2005

Gor blimey guvnor! I aint no cockerknee!!! T'other end o' country.

I'm looking longingly at a Benq at the moment, but I cant justify the spend right now. Is the 1640 a decent drive in your opinion? I've read pretty good things about it and my dear old Phillips was a rebadged Benq and I still have a soft spot for that drive.
                      Last edited by Jack Lurker; 28 Feb 2006, 06:57 AM. Reason: I need a dictionary!
                      Jack

Comment

Working...