X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sstaarzz
    • Mar 2006

First time here...Question about Digital camcorder

Hi
    I received a digital camcorder for Christmas 2004 and all my movies are still on that tiny little tape. I have no clue how to put the movies on a DVD. I was told to buy a fire wire card which I did but now I am at a loss. I was told to use "moviemaker" that comes with XP..but I thought I would check here with the "pros"...I am not looking to do any fancy editing, or anything else other than transfering my digital video to a DVD.

Please help.

Thanks everyone

• benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

If you already installed PCI firewire card and had a firewire cable to connect your camcorder to the PC, please use a wonderful but free tool called WinDV to capture your movie to the PC with AVI format. In order to burn DVD your movie, you need 2 programs: TMPGEnc Plus to encode AVI file to DVD compatible MPEG-2 file and TMPGEnc DVD Author to author DVD your MPEG-2 file. Please check them out here:

WinDV is a small and easy to use Windows application for capturing videos from DV device (camcorder) into AVI-files and for recording AVI-files into DV device via FireWire (IEEE 1394) interface.

We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.

We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.

Regards

Comment

• sstaarzz
      • Mar 2006

convert camcorder movie to dvd

thanks for the info, but that seems like so much work.

i had mentioned "movie maker" cause when I bought the video camera at circuit city, i was told i could use that program. do you know anything about that program and will it do what i want, which is just take the movie from the camera and burn to dvd?
      thanks

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Once you get the hang of it its not that bad and its worth it.

ou will get great quality with the programs in the links above.
        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 10 Mar 2006, 04:53 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

The people work at most of video stores like Circuit City always try to give you the so and so answers to convince you to buy their products and go away (remeber that they work on commission and can't afford to spend too much with only one customer). You want to know the real Windows Movie Maker's video quality, check the default video clips in the My Videos folder yourself. It is one of the lousiest and the most inferior that Microsoft provides users to use for free with its windows system. Besides, you can't make DVD directly from movie created by Windows Movie Maker. You still have to use different programs to encode it MPEG-2 format, author DVD, and burn DVD your movie

Regards

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

This may help:

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...