Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macman18
    • Jan 2004

Finalize DVD for any player?

I might not be up on new decks but is there a DVD recorder on the market that can finalize a DVD so that it can be played on virtually any DVD player? If so, what brand and model is this machine so that I can go out and buy one?! Thanks for any replies.
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Most of them do get a NEC or a Benq burner just make sure you use good media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

Check out Chewys post on this subject
    My current DVD burner is an LG gsa 4163b a105 My DVD reader is TSST corp CDW/DVD TS-H492A I am on windows XP platform I have Nero ASPI installed I am looking to upgrade my DVD reader to a 2nd DVD burner. I live in Canada and shipping costs are an issue from the US and the world. Attached is partial Nero Log to
    Last edited by BR7; 9 Mar 2006, 02:25 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

I would recommend a NEC 3550. You can get one at newegg.com for $35.99 + Free Shipping. - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152060

I own its predecessor, the 3540 and absolutely love it.

They are very fast rippers as well.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by macman18
        I might not be up on new decks but is there a DVD recorder on the market that can finalize a DVD so that it can be played on virtually any DVD player? If so, what brand and model is this machine so that I can go out and buy one?! Thanks for any replies.
        standalone recorders or dvd burners?

Comment

• macman18
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
          standalone recorders or dvd burners?
          I guess I should've specified, standalone recorder decks, not computer burners. Thanks.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

well without bitsetting I don't see how you can record and have compatibility,
            as many dvd players like one format or the other. The important issue is the quality of the blank media used.

Comment

Working...