Is current home DVD production really reliable???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RevEd
    • Mar 2006

Is current home DVD production really reliable???

I have a Systemax computer Pentium IV, 2.4 GHZ, 1 GB Ram with a Sony DVD burner. I use Pinnacle Studio 9 for most of my editing, however it never has burned a DVD that will playback in a DVD player. So, I save my edited Pinnacle Studio 9 as an AVI to import into my Adobe Encore to burn to a shaky sometimes playable DVD. I have been using Verbatim DVD blanks. Is that the problem? I think that home DVD production doesn't have reliable technology that offers a compatible DVD on the same standards of industrial production. So, I am contemplating sitting out of the DVD production for a few more years to see where home DVD production technology goes.
  • marticus
    • Mar 2006

hi personally i'd ditch pinnacle and adobe encore and try dvd shrink if ur copying legal dvds and dvd fab if you come across the new sony css pgc code or red dvd discs if your d/l avi files use either cucusoft or winavi to convert and burn with nero verbatim discs shouldn't make any diference but if ur not happy with them try datawrite if u still get probs with discs not playing then the prob is more likely with ur dvd player you may be able to find a remote hack or a firmware update for it on the web.

hope this is of some help as i've been burning discs for about 3-4 years now and gone through the process of beating my head on the monitor screen.

Comment

• RevEd
      • Mar 2006

Thanks. I mainly make duplicates of my own DVD creations: speficially short documentary programs on historic churches. It is comforting to know that someone else is having problems with reliable duplications, at least it is not actually unique to my equipment or even DVD blanks. I was slightly embarrassed when folks tried playing these DVD's with all kinds of glitches and some would not play on their systems at all. Your right Pinnacle is shaky. However, I use a lot of photographs and the animation feature in the Studio 9 is fantastic, I am not aware of anything comparable to it in other video editing software.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

.AVI is not a DVD file format you will need to convert that .avi to a compatable DVD format for them to play on a DVD player.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• RevEd
          • Mar 2006

I am really not a learned computer person, nor veteran computer video expert. I really depend upon the computer to proceed with conversion steps when it indicates that it will make a DVD. Others have told me that Pinnacle is user friendly but very unreliable. I may just limit my video production to Adobe Premiere Pro and Encore. Although Encore fails me every now and then, Pinnacle seems to fail me about every time.

Comment

Working...