Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jun 2005

See here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

for ImgBurn and a user guide for it.

Comment

• Barr_y
      • Apr 2006

Thank you very much to both of you for your help. I will open my computer later and make sure everything is connected OK. Last night I was happily burning discs for a band that write their own music which I wrote a website for, on both the discs I have mentioned. Today it won't recognize anything so I think I will have to buy a new writer.

I am not liking the LG at the moment, so was wondering if you have any ideas on an alternative, possibly one with RAM. I really used to like the Samsung because it was so quite but I can never see any of those for sale. I have looked at the NEC but am not sure. I am not sure what img burn is sorry. I have saved those files to my Documents and will try to make sense of them later. Thank you for that vw56german. It is fun learning even at my age.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

there is another slight chance your power supply could be dying, with 2 hard drives and 2 opticals, that's quite a load.

I try to disconnect a few things to see if that helps, or monitor the voltages,
        especially the 12 volt one.

Comment

• Barr_y
          • Apr 2006

My drives aren't all on the same cable. I only have the DVD ROM and the DVD RAM on the second IDE cable and really don't use them both together. the two main drives are on the main one. I do not get any conflicts with them. I only use my other drive for storing files and they are both about 90% free. Even the main C: drive with 40Gb is only using 10.8GB so not really working very hard. I do monitor with System Analyser (English Spelling). Evesham make great computers. Have downloaded imgburn will try it tomorrow.

Comment

• Barr_y
            • Apr 2006

Thought I would just let you know I have ordered a new NEC Optical drive. Will let you know how I get on as soon as it comes and I have installed it.

Comment

• Barr_y
              • Apr 2006

Hi Chewy and vw56german, thought I would let you know I have installed the new NEC DVD burner, used imgburn as suggested and the results have been fantastic. It was definitely the LG burner that was finished. I haven't had a bad burn since and it is much faster than my old burner. You have also taught me how to update firmware which I am grateful. Thank you to both of you. I know where to come when I get into trouble now.

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

Did you get the latest ImgBurn.

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

Comment

• Barr_y
                  • Apr 2006

Hi soup yes I did thank you 1.3. I get an automatic reminder when a new version is out. It took me a while to figure how to burn with it. I had to make ISO files first, otherwise it kept telling me to read about it or make a lot of coasters, but I couldn't find any help files. I thought it would burn vob files. The forum helped when I found it.

Comment

• vw56german
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jun 2005

That's great Barr_y!! Glad to hear it. I was getting worried, you had been gone for a few days.

Comment

• Barr_y
                      • Apr 2006

I had to wait for delivery of the NEC which came on Thursday. It is fine though and works faster than my old LG. I say old it was only two years old and without a lot of use.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

when you read the specs of dvd in general and burners, it's a wonder they work at all and fantastic that you can get many burns from them, they seem to be getting better every year, maybe finally ready for prime time, with the exception of dual layer and 16x sl burning.

Comment

• Barr_y
                          • Apr 2006

Hi Chewy yes I think you are right. I have now burnt more with this one in the short time I have had it, than the other one in two years. I have just burnt some of my own DivX films that i couldn't do with the old burner and they have come out great. All on one CD. Not bad now they are a lot cheaper.

Comment

Working...