Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cubaboy
    • Jul 2005

Minimium Specs

I need to buy a new pc to capture video from my camcorder. My current pc is a bit of a dinosaur so I need to upgrade. Can anyone tell me the minimium specs I need to have on my pc???

Thanks in advance
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

cpu - as fast as you can afford

harddrives - take two for better performance when it comes to video-editing

ram - 1gb will be fine

vga - doesnt really matter for this job

firewire - will be the best way to transfer the data to the pc imho

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

cpu? is that MHz in pc ?

thanks
      sigpic

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

Yes it is. Now in GHz
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

so you can't upgrade cpu unless you buy new computer or mother board?
          sigpic

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

The motherboard would be a factor.
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

Cpu, motherboard and memory are all matched in a computer(or should be)
              Unless a component fails there's no much use in upgrading the cpu or the motherboard, adding more memory is the best option if needed. Hard drives and dvd burners can always be pulled from an older computer and used in a newer one. Chances are a cpu won't work in a newer build. It's more cost effective to just buy or build a new computer than spend much money on an older one.

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

thanks, Chewy. you clear what I want to do now
                sigpic

Comment

Working...