• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizmotoz
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2006

Trying to re-author Lost.

i have moved disk 1 and 2 out of seven onto dvd shrink. when i go to re-author and open the files i have the following output,
    Title Menus = vts 1 through 13
    main movie = title 1 through 11
    extras, 2 through 31

do i need to move all these over for re-authoring.
    thanks so much
    amy
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

it depends on what you want. If you just want the episodes you just need the main movie. with 4 episods per discs there should be 4

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• gizmotoz
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2006

for the listing for main movie it has 11 titles. the disk itself says there is 169 minutes. sorry do not mean to sound dumb but not sure how there could be 11 shows on the one disk. should i just move over the ll main movie titles? i have also ran disk 2 through shrink but did not check the titles on it.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

make a screen shot of you shrink open with Lost in it after you click re-author and post it here.

the files size will be different this is from my backed up copy as my original is locked up and I dont feel like looking for it. LOL
        But I backed up the whole disc with tv shows the quality isnt the same as a bigscreen flim on dvd.
        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 29 Apr 2006, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• gizmotoz
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jan 2006

well this is a stupid question, how do i make a screen shot? sorry

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

your suposed to be able to do that by hitting the print screen key but for some reason that wont work with my pc. I did until I instaled some software that seems to have disabled that feature.

I use a program called Sangit it you download it free for a 30 trial after that it is $39.98 and you can do a lot with it.

Ctrl - PrtScr then paste it to paint in windows or a word document.

Comment

• gizmotoz
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Jan 2006

Well i have it in a word document, the ctrl prtscr worked now how do i get it here. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

• copyless
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2006

I don't know exactly how you copy your DVDs, but when I am making a copy by using Re-author I normally try to fill each disk with as much info as I can without having to compress anything. So what I do is click on the title or the extras to highlight and then I click the play button so I can see exactly what I am putting on the DVD. I don't watch the whole thing, I just use the cursor to fast forward to about 2 or 3 spots, then if I like what I see I put it on the DVD. This way I am able to put just the movie and then find the music video or whatever it is I want to use to fill the disc, if the movie doesn't.

By doing this I am also able to check the beginning and the end to make sure which movie I am ripping, as some movies have more than 1 ending. For me this seems to be the easiest since I also am new to burning and it also lets me know the info is there, because if it is a blank title (as I have found sometimes they are) it will show as blank on the screen.

By not compressing the video, it cuts my time in half by not having to use the deep analysis option, so what normally takes 2hrs or so, is cut in half to about an hour or so. And if I do have to compress the video I am able to keep it around 94+%.

Comment

• Gary D
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Download your picture to imageshack. http://imageshack.us/index.php

Host it and copy the shortcut and insert it into the image holder
                  Gary D

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by gizmotoz
                    Well i have it in a word document, the ctrl prtscr worked now how do i get it here. Thanks for all your help.

attach it to your post go advance when you reply
                    then scroll down and click on manage attachments.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                      Digital Video Maniac
                      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by gizmotoz
                      i have moved disk 1 and 2 out of seven onto dvd shrink. when i go to re-author and open the files i have the following output,
                      Title Menus = vts 1 through 13
                      main movie = title 1 through 11
                      extras, 2 through 31

do i need to move all these over for re-authoring.
                      thanks so much
                      amy
                      You can preview each title using Shrink by clicking on any title on the right and pressing play on the small preview screen. For example, you can click on title 1 of the main movie and preview that one on that little screen on the left , then preview title 2, etc , etc, ......
                      That way you would know what each title represents just by watching 15-30 seconds or so.

Also to get a screen shot and display it on one of your posts,
                      pressing 'Alt' and the 'print screen' key together will get a screenshot of just the open window, then go to MS Paint and under edit press 'paste', the screenshot should appear, then under 'save as' send it to whatever folder you want as a .png file.
                      Then just attach that file in the 'Manage Attachments' part of the reply. You could even post the actual picture instead of the attachment by , after attaching the file, click on it to preview and 'copy' and 'paste' into the typing screen that you type in your reply to, and then just delete the attachment.
                      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• gizmotoz
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Jan 2006

Here is the screen. i tried just selecting the main on 1&2 disk and it will not compress to one dvd.

any suggestions appreciated.
                        amy
                        Attached Files

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2004

Ok your screen shot it doent show the Main Movies it was cut off,

Also if you look at the picture I posted back in #4 of this thread that is Lost disc 2 I have circled in red the main movies (which in this case are the 4 episodaes on this dvd) once you click re-author you simply drop and drag the Main movies files into the dvd structur just like the picture I posted shows. I have a line with an arrow pointing to where to dtop and drag the main movies.

Also there are 4 main movies I think you are confussing the Menu titles with Main movie.

Comment

• gizmotoz
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Jan 2006

Thanks, i did what you are showing in that screen, there are six main movie titles on disk 1 alone. i am thinking i would be suited to burn it by itself. when i run those six with the 4 from disk 2 it looks like it will not compress enough for 1 dvd. with auto compression on before analysing the green bar is full. i am sorry to be a pest, first time i have tried a tv show. it has definitley been a learning experience!
                            A

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

Yes I forgot that the first disc of season 1 has 6 episods on it.

The green bar will go all the way across on yours this DVD was already backed up and shrunk.
                              But the layer out is the same.

As you can see I have backed up the entire disc with all the menus and extras Shrink will make it fit.
                              Make sure that you change your settings in shrink with burn quality, you want to run deep analysis and use Max Smooth

You don’t have to worry about the quality in the compression as the TV shows are not in the best quality to begin with. Even compressed it looks the same as it would on Cable TV if not a tad better.

Once you click back up you will see this: I have checked the setting to use when shrinking a 6 episodes:

Last edited by photo_angel2004; 29 Apr 2006, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...