Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terren2000
    • Apr 2006

Need help With TMPGenc: Audio Delay with MPEG

I am joining 3 Mpeg files, that play perfectly normal seperated. But once i join them, there is a delay with the audio and video.

i read several post and forums on audio delay, but they were dealing with converting files, not joining them.

please help. thanks in advance.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

have you tried burning them as separate files all on one disc?
    they should play one right after the next. I am not sure why you want to join them.

Last edited by photo_angel2004; 29 Apr 2006, 01:12 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• terren2000
      • Apr 2006

i can try that, i usually watch them on my cpu. Didnt really know i could burn them to disk and watch them on my tv.

Ill try that now, and see what happens.

Thanks for quick response.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

mpeg would burn to a CD = VCD

you can convert that to DVD if you want to though. I thought that is what you were shooting for that is why I was wondering why ypu wanted to join them.
        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 29 Apr 2006, 04:05 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by terren2000
          I am joining 3 Mpeg files, that play perfectly normal seperated. But once i join them, there is a delay with the audio and video.

i read several post and forums on audio delay, but they were dealing with converting files, not joining them.

please help. thanks in advance.
          what type of mpeg's? mpeg 1-2? it would be good if you could post the file info with them loaded in virtualdubMOD. i've never had a problem as you describe. if you put it on a dvd and use TMPGEnc DVD Author to join them it should eliminate the sync issue.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ulTRAX
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by terren2000

Can this be a sympton of PC overload? When I first got FFDshow working in the Zoom player there was a good 1 second delay between the video and audio. In my case it was that I had too many filters switched on and my old PC (1.3gig/512 megs RAM) just could not handle the load.

Comment

Working...