Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toy 4 T
    • May 2006

Stupid newbie question

I apologize in advance for anything that may be off topic, improper or illegal with this post.
    <O></O>
    I recently found a link to DVD shrink so I hoped I could ask a stupid question.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    I recently purchased a aftermarket DVD navigation system for my car to the tune of $2500. It refers in the manual of possible damage to disk left in the head of the unit due to heat cold etc. Being it is a roadster I contacted the manufacturer to purchase a backup DVD in case of damage to original. I was told in no short order to buy an update for $329. Did not excite me much to hear that and was willing to pay a reasonable price for insurance against damage to original. To buy an update when I have the most current version already.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    I have full blown Nero Ultra and have copied the image to hard drive (“””.nrg file) and it is large file. Disc info from Nero says Session 01 (7,975mb), Track 01 Start 0 Length 8,165,664kb UDF/ISO 9660 Mode 1. But I can’t figure out how to get it to another DVD. Is it possible to do that or is what I want to do illegal. I’m not trying to resale there product just protect my investment, I would even buy update if it was different from what I have but its not.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Again I apologize in advance for anything that may be off topic, improper or illegal with this post. I’m just an old guy trying to protect his investment.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Thanks for any help. Sorry for the lengthy post, never used a forum before.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you can use shrink to reduce VIDEO dvds but you wont be able to reduce your data dvds

try a double-layer media

Comment

• jamoskeag3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2005

If your DVD is not protected, why do you not simply use "copy dvd " function in Nero express, which is a progarm within Nero Ultra.
      Depending on size of info, you may need to use a double layer disk.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

you might want to solicit a little expert help on this one

testing the iso created might be critical considering the cost of dual layer media, btw there's only one kind to trust, verbatim

road rally roadster?
        Last edited by Chewy; 26 May 2006, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...