video viewing issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikehende
    • Apr 2006

You truly are a genius! I chose both vmr7 and 9, so far works great, will try again tomorow to confirm , thanks!

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

just a stab in the dusk
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• mikehende
        • Apr 2006

Was led to this

I went through the instructions and just before installing the driver, I got this message:

"Installing this device driver is not recommended because windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware. If the driver is not compatible, your hardware will not work correctly and your computer might become unstable or stop working completely. Do you want to continue installing this driver?"

I chose not to install until I know for sure what's going on here and also becuase we [you] may have found a fix as mentioned above. From your experience [and I won't hold you to this], what would you do after reading that message, just asking your opinion if you don't mind please?

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

you should make sure the driver you're installing is correct for your hardware, then uninstall previous drivers, reboot, install new ones

Comment

• mikehende
            • Apr 2006

Thanks, also what I think I could do is to set a restore point and then install the driver.

Comment

• mikehende
              • Apr 2006

Didn't bother with this, might just be asking for trouble as I have found out that my pc's chipset is not the same as that other chipset even though that driver was designed to combat the same problem that I am having, if MPC works good now with the adjustments then I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• mikehende
                • Apr 2006

Checked this out good and it works perfect so far so just wanted to say thank you for all of the help, will definitely drop in here on this forum whenever the need should arise, until next time, all the best to you!

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

no prob mike, thanks for the feedback

Comment

• mikehende
                    • Apr 2006

Need help once again, whenever I choose fullscreen mode it shows sideways, don't see an option to rotate the screen, help?

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

i do believe it's the onboard graphics causing this, i'm thinking your video issues will disappear if you get something dedicated or tinker with drivers; even so, there is a workaround since ffdshow supports avisynth filters.

first uninstall ffdshow. download & install avisynth 2.5.6. re-install ffdshow, making sure you tell it to install avisynth filters during setup. run ffdshow config (remember to enable FLV decoding as before), click the avisynth section, tick the box, type in
                      Code:
                      turnleft()
                      or

Code:
                      turnright()
                      depending on which way you want to rotate it. hit apply, play your video
                      Last edited by anonymez; 20 Jul 2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• mikehende
                        • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez
                        i do believe it's the onboard graphics causing this, i'm thinking your video issues will disappear if you get something dedicated or tinker with drivers

click the avisynth section, tick the box, type in
                        Code:
                        turnleft()
                        Since I am now moving into video stuff I will get a good dedicated video card as soon as I can afford it.

Concerning the "click the Avisynth section"
                        I am lost here, in ffdshow Video Decoder Config in the box on the left [codecs section] I see an entry for Avisynth and the box is not checked, if I check this box, no other box opens up for me to type anything, BTW, is this the box you want me to tick?

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

like this:

Comment

• mikehende
                            • Apr 2006

Yeah, I had to simply highlight the word and not just tick the box, shame on me! Some strange stuff is going on here, I tried turnleft, video then showed sideways "the other way" now, then tried turnright and the video now shows correct but 2 problems, first, the "Autofit" default I had it set on doesn't work and the also the video in small screen now shows sideways so I am guessing it's either fullscreen or regular? Then too, when fullscreen shows right the menu is still sideways.

Comment

• mikehende
                              • Apr 2006

BTW, I tried installing an flv-splitter yesterday following the advice of another guy on another video forum, since it did not work, maybe this might be what's coasuing all of this strange stuff now? Should I uninstall the splitter?

Comment

• anonymez
                                Super Moderator
                                • Mar 2004

also the video in small screen now shows sideways so I am guessing it's either fullscreen or regular?
                                until we can solve this problem at the source, guess so. but remember all you have to do is click the ffdshow tray icon and untick the avisynth box and it'll go back to normal, no need to stop playback.

BTW, I tried installing an flv-splitter yesterday following the advice of another guy on another video forum, since it did not work, maybe this might be what's coasuing all of this strange stuff now? Should I uninstall the splitter?
                                the flv splitter you installed was probably gabest's. it's already included (and default for flv) in MPC, won't affect mpc playback whatsoever

Comment

Working...