Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paskow
    • Jan 2002

Convert a PAL DVD to NTSC DVD

How would I convert a PAL DVD to NTSC DVD and keep all the features of the original PAL DVD? I would like to keep the menus and chapter selection and so on... I could rip and convert to avi and then convert to NTSC. However, I would like to avoid doing that.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Paskow
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

ben's guide
    Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

@paskow

Converting PAL to NTSC with main movie only by using the guide recommended by LT. Columbo is basically simple. However, convert DVD from PAL to NTSC and keep all the menus and chapters require a laborious task and time consuming. It will be easier for you to buy a multi-format DVD player which can play both PAL and NTSC DVDs

Regards

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

Conversion from PAL to NTSC while keeping all of the menu functions and extras is indeed a lengthy time consuming task, but the results...if you follow the guide closely, are excellent! I just recenly completed a conversion from PAL to NTSC DVD and it came out perfect. The longest time consuming part of the conversion is the 3:2:1 pulldown so that your frame rate goes from the PAL standard of 25 fps to the NTSC standard of 29.90.

Happy converting!

Movie converted: Walker: A True Story 1987 Ed Harris

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...