Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superman217
    Newblit
    • Jul 2006

Yes its a dell comp, I have never messed around in bios before. So not to comfy on it. But i might try it I could also call dell and tell them my computer broke and I dont know wth happend Im gonna pull my cd drive right now though be back in a bit
    The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

post this screenshot from neroinfo tool
      Attached Files

Comment

• superman217
        Newblit
        • Jul 2006

This is after I just yanked my cd-rw drive, and changed some info in bios.

Good news is I re-checked DMA and not only do device 0 & device 1 say DMA they both bumped up from UDMA 2 to UDMA 5
        The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

just make sure all your jumpers are right if you put that drive back in

Comment

• superman217
            Newblit
            • Jul 2006

I almost set the jumper wrong but found info on the drive and set it up right LoL

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

durn dell and cable select and funky bios settings

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

all the extra sata hard drives I add in, have to go to bio to turn them on other wise window will not reg. the drives
                sigpic

Comment

• superman217
                  Newblit
                  • Jul 2006

I added a western dig eide hard drive no problems. except I payed too much for it.

Comment

• superman217
                    Newblit
                    • Jul 2006

with the new set up i backed up my copy of kiss of the dragon whole proccess 2hrs 8mins burn time 15mins thats at 4x 5,540kb/s
                    Last edited by superman217; 16 Sep 2006, 04:54 AM. Reason: add speed

Comment

• superman217
                      Newblit
                      • Jul 2006

I hope i dont get in trouble im not tryign to bump my own post or anything but since I pulled that drive my whole computer runs so much faster, is that normal?

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

might have been dying and pulling too much power?

Comment

• superman217
                          Newblit
                          • Jul 2006

Hmm guess i will find out when I install it in my moms comp thxs as always chewy

Comment

• cincyguy
                            • Sep 2006

Slow double layer burning with HP dvd740e

I have an HP dvd740e external burner. It is connected via USB 2.0. It is rated at up to 16X for DVD5 and up to 8X for DL. I typically can burn a full DVD5 in about 6-7 minutes at speeds around 12X. But whenever I burn a DL, I seem to max out at 2.4X and it takes 40-45 minutes. Since I'm getting good speeds on the DVD5, I figure it can't be my USB connection, or PC that's the bottleneck. The Discs I'm using are Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB 2.4X(Up to 8X). I'm wondering if my problem is the media and that something special needs to be done to achieve the parenthetical 8X speeds. The literature suggested that this speed could be achieved on a high speed burner which I assume is what I have since it is rated at up 8X for this type of media. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

The DL Verbatims you are using are the best around, I wouldnt consider another brand at this point. There could be something else amiss that is causing the slowdown...is your firmware Lcurrent for the HP(Lite-ON) drive? Have you tried another USB cable to see if the one you are using is defective?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                              Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

I assume is what I have since it is rated at up 8X for this type of media.
                                only if your firmware supports it, that's 2.4X media

what's your firmware?

HP support is lousy for drives, they name them the same and don't update often if at all, they don't make them

(Up to 8X)

only with the right drive and firmware

Comment

Working...