dvd labels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fission7x
    • Mar 2006

Definitely discontinue the use of full-face labels. It didn't take long for them to become a problem on my disks. If you've got a bunch of non-printable disks left to use and you must use labels, then try these labels (or ones like them):

So far they've work for me.
    But, don't be fooled. They come in lots of 100 and 500 "labels".
    And with 20 labels per page, the 100 label pack is only 5 pages.

My 2-cents.

Comment

• iukikiana
      • Jan 2005

I love my epson R220. I use to put labels too. Worked fine at first then movies started freezing toward the end. Had to use soap and water to take the labels out to finish the movie. What a pain that was.

No problems with my epson R220 (bought at Frys for $99.) Dvd's look like the real thing.

Comment

• smkymntgrl
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Feb 2005

I have never used sticky labels. As soon as I got my first burner I came across this forum and read it was a no-no.

I have lightscribe and like it. I just recently got a new printer, a HP Photosmart d5160 and it prints directly on the disc. It does a great job. I was really impressed with how easy and how well the discs looked. I thought about an epson since so many people here have said good things about them but I got a good deal on the HP. So far so good.

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
        Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
        READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
        - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• JakeBlues
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Dec 2006

Sharpies Rock!

Originally Posted by soup
          I will stick with Sharpie.
          AMEN!! Since I TRIED many moons ago in making labels when burning CDs
          were a new fade (wow how time flies) and put them in my car .. YES EVEN HIDING THEM FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT... I knew that the warmth I felt from a just played DVD it would only be a matter of time before the SAME thing happened to them.

Someone in the thread claimed use printable DVDs I don't think there is any good quality printable DVDs. It sure as heck isn't those 3rd rate printable dvds from Maxell. (if I am wrong please direct me)
          But even inkjet ink does weird things sitting in plastic sleeves, touching each other if it gets wet on top etc.. humidity can be a great factor.. these I'd use kid gloves.
          SHarpies are too cool.... I got a pack of 10 different colors and my art work hasn't been better! hehehe love those things!
          Last edited by JakeBlues; 18 Feb 2007, 07:07 PM.
          ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

Someone in the thread claimed use printable DVDs I don't think there is any good quality printable DVDs. It sure as heck isn't those 3rd rate printable dvds from Maxell. (if I am wrong please direct me)
            But even inkjet ink does weird things sitting in plastic sleeves, touching each other if it gets wet on top etc.. humidity can be a great factor.. these I'd use kid gloves.
            Printable TY's are just fine; There are several threads on here about using them & clear spray coating to seal the ink so water/humidity is not a factor.

Comment

• smkymntgrl
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Feb 2005

I don't know why DVD's would get wet in the first place. I don't use plastic sleeves, I use the regular size DVD cases for mine. I know there is humidity but in my house I don't think that would be an issue and I don't take them out since I don't have a dvd player in my vehicle.

I just started using the printable so I guess I'll let time tell how they hold up.

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
              Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
              READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
              - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• JakeBlues
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Dec 2006

Cools Beans

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                Printable TY's are just fine; There are several threads on here about using them & clear spray coating to seal the ink so water/humidity is not a factor.
                Well for me personally I can't get TY's I'd have to order them and it's a bit costly... but next time I have to go to atlanta I'm gonna look, thanks.
                ALSO the Local Wal-Mart told me "we quit carrying Verbatim Blanks because no one bought them because everyone buys the cheaper ones (go figure) The only quality brand they have now is Sony! They had TDKs (crap), Maxells (crap), Memorex (crap), and some weird silver label like quality brand or something... NOT.
                smkymntgrl must not be a parent, or ever sweats, or has a cold beer or drink in the summertime.. they sweat and water can splash from any where.... careless friends.
                OHHHHHHH and I do use the plastic sleeves in a notebook, 240 dvds organized in 2 1/2 inch high 10 x 10 book.. no brainer for me 240 plastic dvd boxes that what 1/4 of the average indy owned video store.
                Last edited by JakeBlues; 19 Feb 2007, 08:48 AM. Reason: keep for making another post
                ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

Don't forget Jake if any of those Sony are in 50 pack spindles Dvd+R 1X-8X Made in Japan, snap them up especially when you can check out Wal*Mart. Don't be afraid to dig in to those shelves, I do.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2006

Helllllllllllllllll Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Originally Posted by soup
                    Don't forget Jake if any of those Sony are in 50 pack spindles Dvd+R 1X-8X Made in Japan, snap them up especially when you can check out Wal*Mart. Don't be afraid to dig in to those shelves, I do.
                    Yeah they are more expensive than rednecks are use to paying, and most off the shelf tv-dvd recorders they sold over the last year use dvd-r hehe So yeah I pretty much pillaged and raped k-mart, heh.

Peace and Luv at you bro...

PS. You are a good person with a good heart...Thanks for lookin` after us "lesser educated new-bees" u n bro ratboy, chewy (he loves to pick on me) and Les and photoangel and few select others.. you guys make this forum fun to learn from.
                    Yer pal....

Comment

• beachbumm33
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Feb 2007

Last saturday I took Staples add advertizing 50 packs of sony dvd+r's for $14.98 into a Sears store (who thinks Sears for blank media??) at the local mall and picked up 6 spindles of Sony 1x-8x MIJ's.....bought em out....but they still had 2 -25 pack spindles left, lol. Plus Sears gives you an extra 10% off for being beaten in price. $89, tax included, for 300 MIJ's...not too shabby.

But on the subject at hand....I've learned from esteemed members like Soup and many others, NO LABELS....a hassle in the making that is completely avoidable by using Sharpies!
                      Last edited by beachbumm33; 21 Feb 2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: stayin on the path

Comment

• berdman
                        • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by bill7621
                        Yes, if you want to buy lightscribe discs, which cost more. If you insist on having labels, katzdvd gave you the best advice as printable dvd's don't cost much more than regular ones. You will go through some ink though, but the results are great.

Meritline ( online) sells Epson compatible inks that only cost 20% of what the OEM inks cost...I been using them for a couple of years, they work great

Comment

Working...