• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by blutach
    Weeks and months?

Yes. To see what the manufacturers will throw out there, both disc and machines.

I only hope (and do believe) that all the work will converge to become all encompassing software. Only then will those users who have them, be able to actually exercise their Fair Use rights comprehensively.

Very good point. I think what is needed is a huge outcry from the masses, but for that to work, some kind of education campaign to the public is needed about the F.U.A. and their rights. The groups you mention cannot possibly form enough numbers to get this on the "hot radar screen" long enough to make a significant impact so the F.U.A. is taken seriously by the movie industry and hardware makers.

One post I found terribly interesting was a fellow who went out and bought 5 HD-DVDs simply because he now could back them up (more or less). A great result for all, including the studios.

Regards
    Agreed.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• TNT
      DVD Shrinker
      • Jan 2004

This whole copy protection cat and mouse game has been going on for a long time. VCR's and macrovision obviously, but remember all the copy protection schemes in the beginning of the PC? I think the pinnacle of that was an Indiana Jones game I had for which you needed a book and special red colored "decoder" glasses to input the pass word. I think the fundamental problem is that it's pretty darn hard to copy protect something that you can read, see or hear. Especially in this digital era. I have a feeling that DVD's will be around for a while as have been VHS and Audio Cassettes. I recently bought a boom-box and it came with a cassette player and my daughter uses it to listen to books on tape. DVD still hasn't killed VHS, so why would blueray or HDDVD kill dvd? Especially when the machines are backwards compatible.
      Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
      I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

Working...