Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daveyd
    • May 2002

IFOedit questions

I am using IFO edit 0.9 to strip vob files. I only choose the one English track to keep. I am given the option on the right hand of the strip screen for the VOB size "1 GB"..."650 Meg" or "No Split"...there are 6 files VTS_04_1.VOB....VTS_04_6.VOB...they are each 1 gig in size (6 gigs) total. I stripped them with just 1 english track selected and when it was done i still had 6 VOB files at 1 gig!! Shouldnt the stripping program reduce them in size so I can burn them to a DVDr??? PLEASE HELP!!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

stripping the data should make the TOTAL size of alle the vobs smalelr, but ifoedit 'fills' the newly created vobs up to the limit you set (650/1gb)

did you check the total size?
    that should have been reduced!!

Comment

• Daveyd
      • May 2002

After stripping all the VOBS are 5.3 gigs....how do I make them 4.3 to fit on my DVDr without losing Dolby 5.1 and pic quality???

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

you simply wont

Comment

• ktd
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Daveyd
          After stripping all the VOBS are 5.3 gigs....how do I make them 4.3 to fit on my DVDr without losing Dolby 5.1 and pic quality???
          Use ReMpeg2 to downsize the first vob. You wont hardly notice the difference in picture quality. You will keep the DD 5.1 or DTS audio...
          Last edited by ktd; 12 Jun 2002, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...