X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • src2206
    • Jan 2007

Opinion Please.....

Hello friends

I extensively convert AVI Clips to DVDs. Now I generally use ConvertXToDVD. I also have 2 other tools: AVI2DVD and Nero Vision Express 3 [licensed version, came with my Burner]. I have the following questions in my mind:

1. Which one is better in terms of output quality?

2. In case of AVI2DVD which encoder provides the best result in terms of quality [QEnc, HCEnc, FreeEnc, NuEnc or CCE]? I tried HEnc, which took nearly 7hrs to convert a 1.5hr long video clip. Quality of output seemed to be good. But I would be greatly benefited to have opinions from more experienced users regarding all the codecs.

3. I tried to download the trial of latest CCE and use it to convert a DivX to DVD, but it gave an error related to unsupportiveness!!! Does anyone have the link to CCE version 2.67?

CX2D is a good, one click converter, but it is very poor in terms of Menu, and listing of chapters is necessary for proper navigation in a dvd.

My system specs is bit old, ATHLON XP 1800+, 640MB of DDR RAM [133MHz], 128MB nVidia Graphics Card [MX Series]. I generally convert DivX, XviD and x264 codecs to DVD.

So I shall appreciate opinions from all the member, specially from more experienced, senior members.
    Last edited by src2206; 17 Feb 2007, 03:31 PM.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

I have used AVI2DVD with good results I have also followed this guide with excellent results as well:

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• src2206
      • Jan 2007

More opinions/answers to my other questions please.....?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

1. Which one is better in terms of output quality?
        That depends on the encoder. Not sure which Convertx uses, Nero uses its own and Avi2DVD, as you know, can use several. I haven't used Convertx or Nero.

2. In case of AVI2DVD which encoder provides the best result in terms of quality [QEnc, HCEnc, FreeEnc, NuEnc or CCE]? I tried HEnc, which took nearly 7hrs to convert a 1.5hr long video clip. Quality of output seemed to be good. But I would be greatly benefited to have opinions from more experienced users regarding all the codecs.
        I like HCEnc. Comparisons between encoders can be found using the forum search function here and on Doom9
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...