X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KETAN
    • May 2002

Tmpgenc vs CCE 2.5 ???

Hi everybody,
    Since long I have been hearing about Tmpgenc or CCE 2.5. I have done couple of experiments and have found CCE 2.5 clearly superior than Tmpgenc. On the cost front of course, Tmpg wins. But if you can live with the nag - logo then you may wish to stick to CCE 2.5.
    Especially in the frames where you see lot of action or movements of characters, Tmpg loses the quality a bit, like some of the portions of the frame shows large pixels, which DOES NOT happen in CCE, positively. On standalone also the color quality also shows marginal difference.
    I would welcome if someone thinks contrary to this.
    ketan
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

moreover, cce is faster

Comment

• KETAN
      • May 2002

I beg to differ here - on MY PC Tmpgenc works faster than CCE 2.5 or 2.62. The rough speed ratio is 3:4. The CCE first process a 'CCE-Video-Information-File.vaf' file which roughly for a 120 minute movie takes 10-12 hours; then the real processing starts. This is appx another 25 hours. The creation of vaf does not take place in Tmpg, so excluding that both are almost at par.
      Since the quality of CCE is superior I will welcome any suggestion to improve the performance. My configuration is P4 1.7 128mb RDRAM 40+30G. I use 4 pass process.
      I can mail you, if you wish the small jpegs (225kb *ace) of settings on all tabs of DVD2SVCD or the text of a sample log file to ascertain what goes wrong.
      Thanks

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

You have a p4 1.7g computer and its taking 10-12 hours to create the vaf file for a 2 hour movie? You should be averaging a speed of around 1 to 1.5 real time so it should only take you around an 1.5 hours per pass. So for 4 pass total time should be around 6 to 7 hours. Maybe you need more memory. My p4 1.4g with 384mb ram usually averages 1.3 real time.

Mac

Comment

• yoyolib
          • May 2002

Where can you donwload CCE?

Comment

• KETAN
            • May 2002

Go to http://dvd2svcd.doom9.net/
            Clik - Links - Good users guide by Doom 9 - CCE SP
            This will be a shareware version with a nag screen. To remove the nag you have to buy it.

Comment

• yoyolib
              • May 2002

How do you use CCE?
              When I try to load in a file it says it is not a elc file?

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

cce is an exe file.

are you sure you downloaded to correct pack or is your download not complete?

Comment

• yoyolib
                  • May 2002

I have done it fine but when i opened a file i want to encode, it won't let me

Comment

• mrbass
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by KETAN
                    [B]I beg to differ here - on MY PC Tmpgenc works faster than CCE 2.5 or 2.62. My configuration is P4 1.7 128mb RDRAM 40+30G.
                    128MB is your problem....triple or quadruple your speed by adding another 128MB of ram.
                    www.mrbass.org DVDShrink | DVDFAB | InstantCopy | DVD2DVD guides

Comment

Working...