Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultralight
    • Apr 2002

Desperate

I have a movie i downloaded, after some work (it was a ac3 audio) I got it to a mpg that works perfectly on my computer, then I followed directions on a guide "to create a VCD" which seemed to work. When I tried to burn as a VCD in nero I got an error message "invalid video stream" and below that it asked (turn off standard and continue) or (re encode video) so I hit turn off standard and nero began to burn. When it was done, I check the disk and there were some files on it, so what the hey I put in my DVD player and it said loading, then play, then stop. Can some one help me with this? I have been reading and working on this now for about 25 hours, and I feel I'm very close, (I have done another movie successfully so I know i can do it) this one is just a bear. thanks for any help
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

vcd as well as Svcd have strict specs your file has to stick to.

vcdhelper.com can give you an overview

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

Hi there, you cant just disregard error messages and expect things to still work out fine
      What type of file did you download ? a MPEG, AVI ? You mention you got it to a MPEG is that the ac3 audio or that AVI ? and how did you do this ?

Cheers

Comment

• ultralight
        • Apr 2002

1Smelly Fish

To tell the truth I can't remember what the original was, just that I now have a mpg that works great on my computer and I would like to put it on a CD to play on my DVD player. Can you help me? thanks

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
          • Nov 2001

Although it works on your PC it still may not be a compliant MPEG file. You may want to re-encode it with TMGEnc to be certain that is is a compliant MPEG file or perhaps Repackitize it with M1-Edit/M2-Edit (not as MPEG but VCD). Than drag and drop the new MPEG file over in NERO to create your VCD.

Cheers

Comment

Working...