DVD Storage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerrinfla
    • Apr 2005

I bought some cardboard cd storage boxes at target (in the office section - I thin they are $7.99 each.) I put my dvds in double sided plastic sleeves, and these go inside the boxes, holding the sleeves in alphabetical order.
    If there is too much space left in a box, I can fill the empty space with empty slim cases. The boxes have lids and are stackable.
    You can hold almost as many in those large cd binders, however, adding titles alphabetically in a large binder is a pain in the neck. It's much easier in the boxes.
    I bought the sleeves in compusa, a box of 200 sleeves (each of which holds 2 CDs or DVDs) is the lowerst price I've found.

Comment

• jblitz277
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Apr 2007

great prices on dvd cases
      Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650i mobo
      Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
      4 Gb OCZ Platinum Rev 2 PC6400 DDR2 800mhz
      Samsung 203B(sata)
      BenQ 1655(ide)
      Lite-On LH-20A1S-12 (sata)
      500Gb WD caviar (sata)
      300Gb Seagate Barracuda (ide)
      500Gb Western Digital external Harddrive USB X 2
      600w Ultra Infinity PS
      8500GT 512mb Vid
      Samsung Syncmaster 906BW
      Vista Ultimate (32 bit)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by katzdvd
        LT, do you label them? How do you have them set up?
        i use 5160 envelope labels, they are all in a massive 6 drawer dresser.

Originally Posted by jm1647
        Me too.... I started putting 2 in each they fit nicely....like the bubble gum... Double Your Pleasure....and double your storage
        how do you find what your looking for?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo

how do you find what your looking for?
          They were all singles in the jewel cases in alphabetical order. Now I'm doubling them up in alphabetical order for now and assigning each DVD a # also. The ones I have and new ones I do will be entered into a list that can be sorted alphabetically or numerically. Keeping them in alphabetical order was turning into a big hassle even single in jewel cases moving them around from box to box when new titles had to be put in alphabetical order. It usta work for VHS tapes so I'm giving it a shot with DVDs

Edit - I also have the jewel cases labled with what is inside
          Last edited by jm1647; 4 May 2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

very good. all my crap (must be around 1000 discs) are all mixed up and in no alphabetic order. takes me a bloody hour to find a movie usually. i need to organize it one day but am too lazy.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

very good. all my crap (must be around 1000 discs) are all mixed up and in no alphabetic order. takes me a bloody hour to find a movie usually. i need to organize it one day but am too lazy.
              lol, I understand completely! That is a result of "too many irons in the fire".

Comment

• ipaulo
                • Apr 2006

Here's something that might interest you guys. I'm thinking of buy the aluminum-like hard plastic case, the one with the hanging sleeves. http://www.supermediastore.com/cd-dv...-capacity.html Then I have this real cool program that BR7 hip me to. It's call DVD Profiler by intervocative software. It's the best way that I know of to organize your dvd collection. There's a free version, but I bought the premium version because the images are much clearer. It will organize by title or by number. So what I'm thinking is that if I organize the case alphabetically, I will have to change it every time I get a new DVD. So what I'll do is have DVD Profiler in number mode, and organize my case the exact same way. That way when I want to find a movie, I just open DVD Profiler, find the corresponding number and wallah, simple. http://www.intervocative.com/dvdpro/Info.aspx
                Last edited by ipaulo; 4 May 2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                  An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                  • Apr 2005

@Hammie - very nice gadget but a lil on the expensive side...now if I could only hit the lottery

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

Yeah, I looked at that one before, & as jm said $$$. Plus the fact that it won't work under linux?

Nice concept though, I would be tempted...

Comment

• petsbug
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Jan 2005

Why are you too serious with the backup copy? They're meant to be expendable isn't it? That's why you keep the original, unless.......those are your only copy (joke, joke joke) Buy an Adidas and use the box
                      -----------------------------------------
                      DT: Burners: BenQ DVD CD DW1670 and 2 Philips DVD+- RW DVD 8701
                      LT: Vista Premuim, HP Pavillion 9288ea

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

Hammie, I have looked at that storage solution before, & I may give it another consideration, as I am all for neat & easy ideas. I have read reviews on that thing where it has become jammed, or otherwise malfunctioned; have you experienced any quirks with it at all?

Comment

Working...