• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • learner
    learner
    • Apr 2009

Need advise - this is the right place

Originally Posted by dazuk1972
    Maybe they lost the video file after burning their home movie to DVD and they noticed an error in the movie and they want to convert back to AVI to re-edit and re-burn to correct the error.
    NEED ADVISE:
    I bought a Sanyo HD 1000 recorder and since then I am only experiencing troubles.
    First of all after downloading the HDfiles to my PC, I have difficulties in editing as I only have the Pinnacle Studio 9 and Ulead DVD Movie factory.

The ST9 does not open the files and Ulead is too slow to work with. What I do is first rough edit on Ulead, then I convert with Media Coder to Mpeg2/DVD or AVI and then edit it on Pinnacle ST9 and then burn a DVD, as I dont have a HD player/TV facility. End result is that parts of the movie is on a diferent aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9, which I still have to figure why.

I know that ideally I should buy a new HD editing program and system which cost: "mucho dinero" but for what if I dont have yet the facilities.

Bottom line: I still have the converted AVI files and the original Mpeg4 files and would like to store it on a hard drive to edit it better at a later stage.

Question: Am I correct on wat I am doing, and how should I store the files for further editing: on AVI, DVD or HD/Mpeg4 or what?

Any related advise would be greatly appeciated.

Comment

Working...