X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daydreamjay
    • May 2009

Preparing Video For Youtube

Hi Group,

I have recently purchased a web cam that I am using to record our pool matches in the local club. I then want to upload them to Youtube. I didn't realise what a pain in the butt this is. If a clip that I want to upload is longer than 10 minutes then I have to split it but this takes forever. I am using Adobe Premier and for instance if I want to split a 16 minute 96mb clip in half it takes forever. What am I missing? Why can't a wmv clip be simply snipped in half with minimum fuss without all this rendering business that takes half an hour each time??

Is there a program that is a bit simpler to use that I can just import a 50 minute clip for instance and just tell it to give me 5 x 10 minute clips with minimal fuss or time?

As it stands if I record a pool match and then edit the video and then wait for them all to upload to youtube I am looking at best part of a days work just sat around waiting!

Thanks in advance.

Jay
  • anistock
    Anistock
    • May 2009

Jay,

Quite a few video editors out there that you simple select the timeline and then create 2,3 etc smaller video clips. Some suggestions [ I have no connection to any, too busy with Anistock] avs4you, magix, movavi

Download free trial version 1st,

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

whenever you ENCODE all/a piece of your film, then this encoding will take time.

splitting a file into n parts CAN be extremely fast, when no re-encoding is necessary but this, however, is a matter of your INPUT format.

an avi file (not wmv!) with xvid or divx codec can be split by VIRTUALDUBMOD in no time at all and being saved with its original format again.

in case you were able to record your videos with xvid/divx codec to an avi file (depending on the resolution you should pick a bitrate of 1000-2000 i should think) you can speed up the splitting process enormously.

should you, however, edit your video and add sound, text etc and aplly transitions then you will have no other choice than to encode/re-encode your material but maybe choosing a different format and not WMV could speed up the conversion process

when being uploaded to youtube your file will be encoding once more anyway iirc so you better use a higher bitrate input format in order not to reduce quality too much when youtube converts to its own format?

Comment

• judgeman
        • May 2009

Yeah the worst part is waiting for encoding

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

He said WMV in his original post...

I don't know a Windows Media splitter at the moment, but there are some of those universal ones that work on everything that should work too. (Universal encoders suck, but splitting is splitting regardless)
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

AsfBin can split wmv files.
            sigpic