X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrendelS
    • Dec 2009

how to access video_ts folder?

Hello,
    I've created a backup of one of my son's DVDs to play it without the disc to prevent them from getting too many scratches. Well, after I used DVD Shrink 3.2 the result was a video_ts folder with vob, bup and ifo files - but how do I access it do be able to play it as the DVD? VideoLAN opens the folder and plays each vob one after the other and the menu is not usable. I seem to be overlooking something completely obvious...?
    best regards,

G.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Normally you should be able to open up the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and use a program like Windows Media Player to play the DVD.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

Try KMPlayer - simply drag the folder on kmplayer or use the open menu

Comment

• GrendelS
        • Dec 2009

Hello,
        thank you for the replies, it's working now. I tried WMP, it said it needs a DVD decoder. At microsoft.com, they offered only paid packages, Roxio, NVidia and such. On another website somebody recommended ffdshow, but that didn't work out of the box (WMP was complaining about settings). Installing the DivX Player didn't work either, but the KM Player works like a peach - thank you!
        best regards,

G.

Comment

• oposky2006
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

Gom is also a good player

Comment

• Budreaux
            • Jan 2006

Saving the output as an ISO instead will make it play well with VLC.

Comment

Working...