DivX 5 Pro Bundle a pain...(it's Horrible).

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

DivX 5 Pro Bundle a pain...(it's Horrible).

howdi all,

just wanna let everyone know that I tried DivX 5 Pro Bundle it's pathetic coz it causes heaps of glitches, like a green screen at the start of certain avi's which causes it to freeze and then sound is all screechy etc, its horrible i strongly dis-recommend it.

What's everyone elses experience with it?

Cheers

sksk
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I'm speculating here, however those errors could exist because you are using divx 5.02 to playback divx 3.11 alpha content. Nonetheless I have heard from UnCasMS and I believe Mac Sidewinder, that people have no problem with divx 5.02 that is that both divx 5.02 and 3.11 can co-exist

Comment

• sarit16
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

could be that.

i just got rid of divx 5 pro wors much better with 3.11 heaps better n greeny aliens and no screeching

Cheers

sksk

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

no idea what you DID WRONG, but blaming divx502 pro for your messed-up playback is ridiculous!

i have divx3.11, ms v2 and divx502 pro installed on two machines and ALL files play perfectly fine.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Got 5.02 installed in one of my test machines. Haven't got the chance to test out encodings yet, but playback of a few 3.11a videos has been non-problematic. I'll be doing a few more tests on the machine once I've got the time.

Nevertheless, it's about time they released a newer version that does not take over 3.11a content playback.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

I can't get divx 5.02 and divx 3.11 alpha to co-exist---I don't know what the problem is. Should I uninstall divx 3.11 alpha, installl divx 5.02 and then install divx 3.11 alpha, would that remedy the situation?

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

For that test system of mine, I basically installed 3.11a, MS MPEG4 V2 and Avisynth (and a few small things I added in for fun) via the Nimo codec pack. I have LAME installed prior to any of the installations. Then DivX 5.02 came in and things are still working alright.

What exactly are your problems, Batman?

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I basically view Simpsons episodes encoded with divx 3.11 alpha. It comes out fine, however immediately after installing divx 5.02 those same episodes appear like a slideshow. I've tried lowering the processing level etc..., but the problem stll remains. I think it could be because my system is seriously underpowered, because divx 5.02 consumes more system resources than divx 3.11.

Comment

Working...