X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjstephens
    • Aug 2002

Newbie to video

Hi,

I have just got a new Sony Mini-DV camcorder and very new to video. Have no previous experience in video editing at all

I'm about to get some editing software and was looking at getting VideoStudio 6. I am getting a Firewire card for my PC so that I can capture direct digital signals.

I plan to created VCDs and DVDs mainly for home purposes but want something with good flexibility.

My Sony will record in widescreen (16:9) ratio to display on my widescreen TV. Will VideoStudio and/or the other Ulead products support widescreen video at all? Or other brand software?

I'm also interested in any books that may help get me started if anybody knows of a good title.

Thanks,

Chris
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Before you buy software: A lot of the software available thru this site is freeware and a lot of it is quite good. You can check it out here. If you see something that interests you there, plug that software's name (or the name of any software you are considering) into the search engine on the forum, and you'll see what others are saying about it.

As to books: There are lot's of good tutorials available on or through this site. Check them out here.

My point is this: You're already spending good money on your hardware. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of it was free?
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...