Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digital Junkie
    • Jul 2002

What audio codec uses the tag '2000'??

I downloaded some DVD-rip earlier today, and the video signal (DivX 3 low motion) plays fine, but my system seems to be missing the required codec for the audio signal. When I open the file in VirtualDub and check the file info, it reports the tag for the audio codec as '2000'.
    I don't know if this is of any help, but the total size of the audio stream is about 180 MB for a 65 file.

Has anyone ever heard of this codec, or do you have any idea where I can find it? Any help would be appreciated, because a movie without sound is pretty much useless... ^^;
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Get the AC3 codec from a codec pack, such as Nimo or Tsunami. Alternatively, you can install a DVD player software, such as PowerDVD or WinDVD, to achieve the same results.

Comment

• Digital Junkie
      • Jul 2002

I already have WinDVD installed, but that doesn't seem to help anything...
      Thanks a lot for the AC3 suggestion though, I'll give it a try tomorrow. (It's almost 2 AM here, so I really should be sleeping right now... -_-)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I already have WinDVD installed, but that doesn't seem to help anything... "

Try using WinDVD to play the DivX...

Comment

• Digital Junkie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by setarip
          "I already have WinDVD installed, but that doesn't seem to help anything... "

Try using WinDVD to play the DivX...
          I already tried that, but even WinDVD played it with no sound.

@Enchanter: Thx again, I installed the AC3 DirectShow plugin from the Nimo pack, and it works like a charm now. VirtualDub still doesn't recognize the codec, but it plays just fine.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...