Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteamBird505
    • Aug 2002

Sorry if this is stupid!

I down load films from KaZaA.. and if the virus spreader allows a complete dowbload I have a movie that I can view on my computer monitor.
    I have tried to convert to VCD to create a disc that will play on my DVD player.
    I used VCD Easy to convert the files... a full length movie totally failed, some short length movies in .avi converted...on a disc with ten short movies - 1 and 8 played the others did not...but view all on my monitor OK.
    Am I expecting to much to convert to a DVD playable disc.
    I an not a total idiot but learning all the terminology and new programs etc,. is taking some time...mainly because I cannot find any tutorials or such.
    Any chance some of you really knowlegable guys could do an A-Z tutorial.... dont know how we could repay you but it would be much appreciated
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

"I down load films from KaZaA.. and if the virus spreader allows a complete dowbload I have a movie that I can view on my computer monitor. I have tried to convert to VCD to create a disc that will play on my DVD player."

Please provide more details on the specifications and properties of the problematic movie(s). To do this, download virtualdub (from www.virtualdub.org), load the media file, and the go to "file" and "file properties".

Also, you may have to check to see if your dvd player supports the vcd format. Personally, I would recommend you create a vcd with TMPGenc and then burn with NERO. Vcdhelp.com has a list of detailed guides on how to convert files to the vcd format.

Comment

• Nielchiano
      • Aug 2002

to make the most compatible disc, I sugest you make a miniDVD. Unfortunately that's hard to do (especialy if you're new... once youve done it twice, you'll find it easy).

Like BatMan sais, check to see what your player can play. I personaly suggest you make a SVCD (if supported). that is (about ) the same format as the VCD, but with MUCH better compression (MPEG2 vs MPEG1)
      We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

RE: "total idiot": I see you've found out that computer video is not your ordinary computer application! I like to think of it as stepping off the deep end of the pool to see if you know how to swim.

As for tutorials, many are available here (top of page: Home --> Articles) and at Doom9.org. You might want to bookmark some of them too. Chances are, you'll be going back to them more than once. And read around this forum too. It's a really good way to find out what others are doing and where they are having problems.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...