X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • V10
    • Aug 2002

Almost there!!!!

Hey guys,

I've been rippin last day with dvdx 2.0 and wanted to make a rip for two cd's.
    Ok, so i did a two pass rip and cd1 is really a very good rip! but cd2 is a very bad rip!!! How is this possible???

I've got a suggestion to make a good rip but i don't know if it's right or not:
    I have to make 1 .avi file and split it later!!! Please correct me if i'm wrong!!!
    How will i do that???

I hope someone could help me because i'm so close now...( i think)

Thanks

O ja before i forgot: Nielchiano Thanks for your help with the program version!!
    I'm gonna try it tomorrow!!!!

GreetZ

Ruud
    Last edited by V10; 21 Aug 2002, 05:44 AM.
    We all have to learn!!
  • V10
    • Aug 2002

I fugured it out already!!! Just a setting i overlooked!!!!

Now the only thing is that i have some black bars on the left and
    right side of the screen! The upper and downside is ok!!!

Have somebody the same problem?? How did you solve this problem???
    Please let me know!!

Thanks
    Last edited by V10; 21 Aug 2002, 10:03 PM.
    We all have to learn!!

Comment

• benedict
      Lord of the 4th Estate
      • Jun 2002

Re: black bars

Using VirtualDub (NanDub, etc.), select "Video --> Filters" and then select the "null transform" filter. This filter doesn't do anything, but now when you say "OK" you'll see a button called "Cropping" at the lower right. Just click that and crop away. It's a really simple filter to use. No explanation required and you can crop each side independent of the others.

There are some technical considerations with this that I really am not sure of. They involve keeping your final frame dimensions as multiple of this or that (which I also believe change depending on the codec used). As I understand it, it's not that you have to keep these multiples, but rather if you don't your final file size actually can get larger after cropping it.
      It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• V10
        • Aug 2002

MMMMhhhh, i'm think that i have that program somewhere on my server!!!

I'm gonna figured it out!!! ( Don't know how this program works but i'm just gonna try it!!)

Thanks for the info!!!!! (Again)

C U
        We all have to learn!!

Comment

• benedict
          Lord of the 4th Estate
          • Jun 2002

If you don't have it on your server, you can get it here. Top of screen, click "Home --> Software". There may be better programs out here that others use, but no one gets rid of VirtualDub once they've got it. As simple as video can be, and horsepower to spare as you learn it.

You'll see.
          It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• V10
            • Aug 2002

Yep, youre right!!!

My .avi file is going to be 4.5Gb!!! And that is really
            to much!!! My original is 2 cd's!!!

So i'm now gonna figure it out how to make a small
            one!!!

GreetZ

V10
            We all have to learn!!

Comment

• benedict
              Lord of the 4th Estate
              • Jun 2002

In VirtualDub, click "Video ---> Conpression" to see your list of codecs. Highlight the one you want to use and then click "Configure". A pop-up box for that codec will appear and on it you'll see the various options that codec provides for compression. (These options can vary from codec to codec.)

Now you're at the fun part, because at this point, there's no hard and fast rules (Is final size your only goal? How much quality are you willing to give up to get there? Etc.)

Also, you might want to try some of the calculators available on this site. They can be a big help it getting you to the "right" settings for what you need.

Note: Nandub BRC and Gordian Knot are VDub enhancements that have this calculator function integrated within them. As a 1st timer, I'd recommend going vanilla VirtualDub and trying out some of the calculators just for the learning value and moving up to those when you have a better idea of what's going on. (Others, however, will likely disagree with me on this.)

Comment

Working...