Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rescue
    • Sep 2002

Make VCD from JPG stills

This may sound strange but I would like to be able to take my digital photos (jpg format) and put them onto a CD-R so that I can play them in my VCD player (DVD player that copes with CD-R and VCD).

Ideally, I would also like to be able to overlay audio (music or voice) but this is not essential.

Can anyone help me with the steps I would need to take in order to make a VCD movie from still photos (would like each still to "play" for around 5 seconds.

I have tried using Windows Movie Maker to produce movie files but I cannot then make a VCD using Roxio Easy CD creator (complains about bitrates etc).

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid thing to attempt - but I have a genuine reason for doing this and can't figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

yea its not any different from adding video to a vcd just drag it in. and set the delay.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

You may want to use NERO BURNING ROM for this purpose.

Comment

• Deus
        • Nov 2001

lol yea I guess I just figured every one already does

Comment

• Glassguy
          • May 2002

Deus...Could you please advise as to how to set the delay in "Nero"? I can't find it, Also, can you please pass on where (or would you?) more directions would be to do this. Sounds like a good project for doing a slide show of the grandkids. Thanks for all the help you guys are giving us 'new' guys.

Comment

• Deus
            • Nov 2001

Nero is a cd writeing program that is most popular through out this forum. It makes it extermely easy to burn a vcd. First step is to get that you can either downod a pyrated version or go buy it. After you Get Nero you load it in and right click on the picture , and click on Properties, and set the number of seconds you want the delay to be.

Comment

• Glassguy
              • May 2002

Thanks Deus. I have been playing and it works real cool. Thanks again for your help and have a good day. (Now for a million jpegs!! )

Glassguy

Comment

• jobee
                • Feb 2003

Why not to try Photo2VCD Professional? It's a great tool to burn your digital photo slide show on a VCD/SVCD format video CD, which can be played on most of standalone players. You can also use this software to add transition effects and background music to your slide show. And so on.....

Comment

Working...