Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moragp
    • Sep 2002

Trouble splitting avi file to cpy to 2 discs

Hi hope someone can help.I have downloaded VirtualDub to split a movie into 2 for copying purposes.I managed this no problem and the first half has been copied to svcd format using Nero 5.5.9.9,however on the second half which I have now copied twice the voices are out of synch.I am having trouble understanding how the first disc works fine with voices in synch yet the second half doesn't.Can anyone help?Thankyou
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• hermanthegerman
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

One thing you can try is resync the audio of the whole thing:
      Open the file in Virtualdub, set video and audio to direct stream copy. In the audio section select interleaving and set interleave to every frame. Then save your avi. When you then cut the movie make sure to cut on keyframes.
      I hope this solves your problem.

Servus,
      hermanthegerman

Comment

• moragp
        • Sep 2002

Info you asked for..thanks

Hi thanks for your advice.I tried to do as you said herman but no joy,therefore setarip I am posting the information you suggested.I hope you can help my solve this one.It's driving me mad.
        When I open the video file a box pops up saying Virtualhub has found an improper VBR audio encoding in the source .avi file and will re-write audio header with standard VBR values which may introduce 12688ms of skew from video.
        The info on the file information box is as follows:
        VIDEO STREAM
        frame size,fps:640x272,23.976fps
        #of frames(time):133738(1:32:57)
        Decompressor:divxcodec4:11
        no.of key frames:1399
        min/avg/max/ttl key frame size:863/13250/39032(18104k)
        min/avg/max/ttl delta frame size:87/4594/49413(593790k)

AUDIO STREAM
        Sampling rate:48000hz
        channels:2(stereo)
        sample precision:0-bit
        compression:fraunhofer llS MPEG layer-3 codec
        preload skew:384 samples(0.01s)
        # of frames:232414
        min/avg/max/ttl frame size:384/422/480(95954k)

Hope this is all the information you need.Thank you very much for your time and help regards

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"and will re-write audio header with standard VBR values"

Actually, VirtualDub's message said "and will rewrite audio header with standard CBR settings". Be that as it may, doing the following should eliminate the problem:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
          Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
          From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
          Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
          Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
          Set "Audio" to "No audio"
          Load your silent .AVI
          Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
          Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
          Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
          From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
          From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

You should be able to PROPERLY split this newly created file.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• moragp
            • Sep 2002

Thanks for your help.Just one more question

Hi thank you for your help.Sorry if I sound stupid but I don't know what appropriate .mp3 setting I am meant to use.Can you advise me?Thank you once again.Once I know this I will be ready to go and will let you know my success.

Comment

• moragp
              • Sep 2002

Thanks again

Hi setarip regards my last message.I guessed at the first one and have processed with this and I can't thank you enough.Movie now copied to svcd and working a treat...excellent quality and voices in synch.Thank you VERY much for all your help.Can I be cheeky and ask you another question? Can you also join movies through virtualhub.I have downloaded a movie which comes in two parts.I would like to join it so it makes it easier to separate into 3 files as I will need to copy on to 3 discs to create an svcd which has better quality than vcd.Thank you

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

As long as the two files have IDENTICAL video and audio attributes, you should be able to readily join them using VirtualDub as follows:

Open VirtualDub

Set both "Video and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"

Load the first .AVI file

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Append .AVI" - and choose your second file

Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• moragp
                  • Sep 2002

Hi again

Thank you as always.Joining the movies workewd a treat.Can you advise me on something else please?If you encode a movie to svcd is it better quality and if so how best to encode it?i use nero but I've read that there is better software out there.Thank you once again

Comment

Working...