• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dsquorpion
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

capture card-is it a good one

i am new to the art of capturing video and in need of some advise. i have found a capture card from newegg(listed in the link below) i am not wanting to spend alot of money. i am wanting to capture video from my sony digital camera and burn to a svcd or dvd-r in the future.

1. just wanting to know if this capture card is worth the money
    [URL=http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=47&manu factory=1409&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1]

2. i got some crappy pixela imagemixer software with it, and it is usb (not my preference) what is a good capture program.

any help will be greatly appreciated
  • Rincewind256
    • Sep 2002

Don`t buy this card, if you want to capture digital video.!
    This video capture card is made for analog devices!
    You have to buy a "Firewire-port" (ieee 1394 PCI-adapter) and an Ilink-cable (Firewirecable 6-pol to 4-pol) instead .

Comment

• Dsquorpion
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

well i am recording on hi 8 tapes, so i assume that it is analog, i take it that this card will capture video and convert it to mpeg2, which i can burn to svcd, please correct me if i am wrong

Comment

• Rincewind256
        • Sep 2002

You are writing in your first posting, that you are using a digital sony. So, there are many digicams arround, using the "Digital 8" cassette format. This format is the same as HI8, but they are recording a digital video signal!!
        Near of the lense is the sign that describes your ZOOM (for example: 100 x digital zoom) and under the sign is a signature of your cameratype "Digital 8", "HI8" or "Video8". All of them are using the same cassette format, but as I wrote, "digital 8"-cams are recording a digital video signal! !

Comment

• Dsquorpion
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Oct 2002

thx for clearing that up for me

Comment

Working...