Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidcws2000
    • Oct 2002

VCD/SVCD quality problem

Hi, I was just wondering what my problem was and how could i solve this problem. I'm trying to burn an avi file (anime movie) to VCD/SVCD. During the process of encoding, the process goes very well where no error message popping out. I have try playing the mpeg file and it was perfect like original file i have. Than i started burning VCD using 4X speed to burn. After completion, i try to play my anime movie in my DVD player and the result is not good . The sound were find but the picture have some small boxes or little pixel around the screen. So, I tought of burning SVCD format where it have higher birate. The result is better compare with VCD but there are still some small boxes or little pixel around (lesser compare with VCD result). I have tried varies birate setting and still fail. Do i need higher birates such as burning DVD? or just i have miss some setting which i need to set?

For your information, I'm using VirtualDub, TMPGenc and Nero Burner software during the process. Hope you guys help me out with this problem...... Thanks in advance
  • Rincewind256
    • Sep 2002

The boxes and pixels are looking like burning-failures to me. You know, DVD-Players are really sensitive in reading VCD`s (SVCD`s).
    I had a Burner (Plextor 8x/4x/32x) who only was able to make VCD`s without an error on the CDR in 2x burning.
    And for an excellent result, I had to make an unfragmented image (before the burning process) of the VCD with nero, too.

Comment

• davidcws2000
      • Oct 2002

Hi Rincewind256, Thanks for replying! I'm not sure about my DVD player which are sensative or not. Some of the guys (other forum) said is the quality of the avi file and some said is the birate problem. I have try to burn using 2x speed but the effect are still the same. So, I think the burning speed had nothing do with the problem i had. I'm still not sure what the main problem i had!

By the way, as you mention that 'for an excellent result, I had to make an unfragmented image (before the burning process) of the VCD with nero'? How do you unfragmented image with nero? I don't about this setting which nero had. Could you please tell me where i could do the unfragmented image stuff? I will like to try it out.

Comment

• Rincewind256
        • Sep 2002

All you have to do is to defrag your harddisk, witch you are using for image-file (iso-file of your VCD) saving. There is some software arround, like defrag (windows-standardsoftware) or Speed Disk (Norton Utilities) you can use.
        After that activate the wizard in nero, when you are ready for the burning process. click on the box "creating image" (or something = I have the german version), where you can change the writing speed, too.
        Just save the iso-file on the harddisk you prepared before. After that you can burn it on CDR going to "file" - "CD-Image burning..." in the menue.

Comment

• BrittanySpears
          • Oct 2002

Newbie Here - Need help with everything pretty much.

Hi,
          I am 1 week new to this. I want to make SVCD's. First assignment is this. I have donniedarko from kazaa. It said it was an avi file but i renamed it to mpeg and it still played the same. I believe its most likely a divx. Anyways how to I burn this to play in dvd player. I tried Ulead DVD Workshop and it did basically nothing. What am I not doing right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

See more info below...

Donnie Darko.(2001).ViTE.ShareReactor.avi

640 x 272, 24 Bits, 162914 Frames, 23.976 Frames/Sec, 105 KB/Sec, DIVXMPG4 V3

MPEG Layer-3,130 kBit/s, 48,000 Hz, Stereo
          Last edited by BrittanySpears; 20 Oct 2002, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• davidcws2000
            • Oct 2002

Hi

Hi BrittanySpears, I'm new too but i think that you will need more reading some guide. There are some useful guide (very useful) to burn VCD/SVCD from a Divx file. Check out this website www.vcdhelp.com You will learn a lot from this site where the same with me. Hope this site will help you.

Comment

Working...