Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Postman
    • Oct 2002

Can't connect DVD player to extra TV's

I've recently added a DVD player (CyberHome CH-505) to my VCR-TV setup. I connected the player to a scart socket (2 External/Dec.-AV2) on the VCR which in turn relays the signal to my main TV through the second scart socket (1 External/Euro AV 1). When playing my VCR, however, the signal is relayed through the signal output socket on the VCR to my main TV and two others in adjacent rooms. I had hoped, naively, that when I played my DVD player the signal would also be received by the other TV's as well as my main TV. Alas, this is not the case. It appears that the DVD player's signal is confined to the scart sockets so nothing is passed through the signal output socket on the VCR to the other TV's. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get the signal to my other TV's as well as my main TV, please? I'd be much obliged. Thank you.

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like some kind of signal splitter or "A-B-C" switch should do the trick...

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Your setup should work if you turn the channel selection on the VCR to the Scart input channel, same as if you were to record the signal from the DVD, of course macro vision might get in the way of this.

In which case converting the signal from scart to a coaxial antenna cable might be a bit difficult.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

This seem to apply to your situation.

from http://www.faqs.org/faqs/rec-video/dvd-faq

Warning: If you connect your DVD player to a VCR and then to your TV, you
        may have problems with discs that enable the player's Macrovision circuit.
        See 3.2.1
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Postman
          • Oct 2002

Thanks, khp and setarip, I'll look into your suggestions.

By the way, I already have my coaxial from the video output on the VCR split A-B-C. That signal is received in all rooms. Unfortunately the signal is coming from the ordinary non-scart connection so I'm not getting the scart signal from the DVD player except on my main TV to which it's connected. I'll report back with my progress, folks. Thanks again.

Comment

• Postman
            • Oct 2002

Now that I've set the VCR to the scart input channel (E2) the signal is coming through to my other TV's However, since the VCR itself is not playing a cassette it turns itself off after a few minutes of idleness Is there any way that I can disable the automatic turn-off feature of the VCR (Philips) or work around this problem All suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Working...