Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moragp
    • Sep 2002

Help Out Of Synch Sound!!!!!!!!!

Realy need someones help here.I have been using Virtual dub to separate video and audio and then converting audio to wave with DP Power music converter, then I am loading video and wave onto TMPG, splitting movie, encoding and finally using nero to burn.What I am finding is that the first disc works great but any subsequent discs have the audio totally out of synch!Can't think what I am doing wrong or understand why the first disc is ok but then it all goes to pot...please please can anybody help.It is really ruining what are otherwise really good movies...thanks in advance
  • razzhere
    • Oct 2002

I think I can help, but I need additional information.

1. First, and formost, do you still have the "original" file or have you deleted it?

I hope you can say yes.

2. What is the format of the original file (MPG or AVI)?

If it's MPG, then I don't understand why you're using VirtualDUB to "de-multiplex" the sound and video of the file. VirtualDUB is for converting MPG into AVI, so I don't understand this. TMPGEnc has "MPEG Tools" for multiplexing (joining) and de-multiplexing (separating) video and sound from MPEG/MPG video files. It can even 'intelligently' rejoin MPEG files that have been previously "Cut"/edited into individual movie scenes, particularly since TMPGEnc seems to be the "Preferred" free MPEG editing tool of choice for many...especially on Usenet (aka the Newsgroups).

3. Did you download the "original" movie file as a single download or did you download "scenes" that comprised the complete movie but where separately playable (as from the Newgroups)?

I have discovered that movies that have been edited/Cut with editors like TMPGEnc retain the "cut" marks when rejoined using other programs like "CamelMPEG Join". Even if you received the file as a single download...the source you received it from might not have.

So here are a couple of suggestions:

I. IF you still have the Original downloaded movie file...Re-process the complete movie through TMPGEnc. This will fix/correct any previous "edit-cuts" done to the movie file.

2. After that, use the "MPEG Tools" in TMPGEnc to demultiplex (separate) the video and sound.

3. Process the Sound as you did before.

4. Use TMPGEnc "Mpeg Tools" again to "multiplex" (combine) the Video and sound again.

5. Reprocess the completed file with TMPGEnc again to make sure the "sync" markers are the same before splitting.

Alternately, if you still have the separate Video and Audio that you corrrected...Use TMPGEnc to Multiplex the sound and audio again and then reprocess the completed file with TMPGEnc again to ensure that audio is synced with video and then split the file.

Tedious but I think you'll get the result you want. I think that your audio processing program isn't producing a sound file that matches well...so reprocessing with TMPGEnc after merging will hopefully correct the problem.

Comment

• moragp
      • Sep 2002

Thanks for you advice but needless to say I am still a bit lost.The file I have downloaded is and .avi file so the MPEG tools part of TMPG does not work.It was downloaded as a singlwe file.Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...