Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asylum
    • Nov 2002

Help with DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc

I downloaded programs to copy DVDs. The program and instructions I downloaded are:

DVD to VCD with SmartRipper, then DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc.

I ripped the DVD no problem. Then I go to creating a DVD2AVI project. I followed the instructions and at the end it says to save it as a .d2v project.

Next it says to open TMPGEnc (with the VFAPI plug-in). The instructions say to open the .d2v project, but TMPGEnc doesn't recognize this project.

Help?????? What do I do? Is there a better program to use? I also tried FlaskMPEG, but that didn't work for me. Although I have instructions, it kept crashing or not converting.

I am using an AMD K6-II 800mhz.

Please help.
    Bob
  • flame
    • Nov 2002

shouldn't u convert the avi with the vfapi into a "fake" avi? Thought that's what the guide said. After that, i don't know. I don't use tmpgenc. I'm pretty new myself.

Comment

• tomato
      • Nov 2002

I've read the similar guide. But my guide said that you need TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and a plugin. Sorry I dont remember the name of the plugin... It works fine for me after I downloaded all of them.

Comment

• RiftWeaver
        • Oct 2002

I have done the same

I have done the conversion and have ended up with an MPEG file. The file plays on my computer in a DVD player but my Sterio type DVD player just rejects the disk.

Comment

Working...