Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteamBird505
    • Aug 2002

Morgan Stream Switcher ???

I am having trouble with audio sync on some downloads.

Win Media properties show the audio codec is Morgan Stream Switcher and the video codec is subtitle mixer!!!

I usually split a .wav file with virtualdub, load this and video into TMPGEnc and convert to Pal video VCD.

I seem to have a whole load of codecs from varios sources but seem unable to resolve just a few files....any tips guys?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Assuming that your video is in .AVI format:

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• SteamBird505
      • Aug 2002

Audio problems

sorry..trying to sort out a screen capture and attach it causes me more problems!!!! the "attach file" seems not to work for me...

I created a .jpg then tried to "attach file" but it its not visible on preview. V-Dub says the codec is x-vid mpeg 4..I will try again but if no image is sent.....aaahhhhhhhhhhh
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Your video uses the Xvid codec for video and contains a variable bitrate (VBR) .MP3 audiostream...

Comment

• SteamBird505
          • Aug 2002

audio?

OK setarip.....I have x-vid codecs from various sourses, nimmo sharereactor etc,. Even if I decompress to PCM and run through sonic forge.....It will not convert.

Also I have Pretty Woman and From Hell that I cannot convert to VCD with TMPGEnc and maintain lip sync...any clues...? Does anybody else have this problem or are they just corrupted rips?

Thanks again for your help..

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I don't believe that TMPGEnc can handle the Xvid codec.

If VirtualDub can process the file, you could use that program to convert the videostream to a more "conventional" DivX format...

Comment

Working...