Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcdddy
    • Dec 2002

Deinterlacing and IVTC conversion

I am trying to decide how best to rip this movie to divx. The frame rate is 29.970 video type is NTSC and frame type is interlaced. Now I have ripped it as forced film without fast deinterlace which produces video that is blurry especially during action or quick movement sequences (for some reason in GK if i select fast deinterlace with forced film I get video garbage unviewable or I get an error during encoding) . If I rip it non forced film with inverse telecine the video is kind of jerky. Isn't there a way I can get smooth video with reasonable clarity. It seems like there is no middle ground. Is there some way of adjusting things manually or something. I tried using tmpgenc in GK directions but was unsuccesful at being able to use my .tpr file inplace of my dvd2avi file (.d2v) even when I used VFAPI to convert it to a (dummy) avi file. HELP!
    Thanks
  • Kevin AMD
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2002

virtual dub and flask mpeg are the programs you should use

vitrual dub has many built-in tools try to use that after you ripped the dvd
    Let's all try to help each other

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: Deinterlacing and IVTC conversion

Originally posted by mcdddy
      I am trying to decide how best to rip this movie to divx. The frame rate is 29.970 video type is NTSC and frame type is interlaced. Now I have ripped it as forced film without fast deinterlace which produces video that is blurry especially during action or quick movement sequences (for some reason in GK if i select fast deinterlace with forced film I get video garbage unviewable or I get an error during encoding) . If I rip it non forced film with inverse telecine the video is kind of jerky. Isn't there a way I can get smooth video with reasonable clarity. It seems like there is no middle ground. Is there some way of adjusting things manually or something. I tried using tmpgenc in GK directions but was unsuccesful at being able to use my .tpr file inplace of my dvd2avi file (.d2v) even when I used VFAPI to convert it to a (dummy) avi file. HELP!
      Thanks
      Try using using Inverse Telecine from within GordianKnot instead. TMPGEnc's TPR files are not recognised by Avisynth (there is a round-about for that but it is not recommended). Not to mention that TMPGEnc's IVTC is inferior to the Decomb (aka. IVTC) function built into GK.

virtual dub and flask mpeg are the programs you should use
      Forget Flask. It's deinterlacing capabilities are horrible, to say the least.

Comment

• mcdddy
        • Dec 2002

Deinterlacing help!

I tried using GK inverse telecine but as I said previously it looks kind of jerky and a little unnatural during playback. I have yet to be able to use fast deinterlace though - I get an avisynth error that reads Avisynth: Caught an access violation at 0x00cabbbf, attempting to read from 0x064e6000. I thought the patch for gordion knot was supposed to take care of the fast deinterlace problems of earlier or the previous version. I think I must have screwed up in applying the patch or something. If I were able to use fast deinterlace would that be the best solution. I tried using field deinterlace but don't know if that did very much. In general is all video taken from tape(vhs) interlaced? and if so what is the best way to improve the quality - IVTC, forced film with fast deinterlace, forced film without deinterlace or other?
        Thanks so much!
        D

Comment

• mcdddy
          • Dec 2002

Deinterlacing

Flask mpeg I regard as garbage - is it even compatible with Win XP OS. I couldn't get the thing to work on my computer operating XP. I set the thing up exactly as prescribed in the directions and nothing, absolutely nothing. GK first rip was successful. GK rules!
          D

Comment

• jim2386
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2002

Where is the inverse tecline in Gknot?

Comment

Working...