Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snake plissken
    • Jan 2002

divx

is there a software out there that you can burn divx to dvdr and play it in a stand alone dvd player is there?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Nope, not if you're simply burning the files in DivX-compressed .AVI format.

There is however, a recently released piece of hardware - a standalone DVD player capable of playing SOME types of DivX-compressed videos.

You can read the details at:

Comment

• snake plissken
      • Jan 2002

someone sent me this link and said i can play avi or other divx in a stand alone dvd player http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencdvd.htm

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

The caption of that page is "AVI, DV, DivX, ASF, MOV, nAVI, SMR, WMV to DVD MPEG2". It explains how you can CONVERT an AVI to a different format (DVD-compatible MPEG-2).

Your original question: "is there a software out there that you can burn divx to dvdr and play it in a stand alone dvd player?"

My original response: "Nope, not if you're simply burning the files in DivX-compressed .AVI format." - still holds true. You cannot simply burn a Divx-compressed file to a DVD-R and play it with a standalone DVD player...

(Have you still not Escaped from New York? It's been quite some time since you last posted here ;>})

Comment

• snake plissken
          • Jan 2002

sorry thanks for the info and no can get out of new york

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks for the info"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...