Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moragp
    • Sep 2002

correcting or deleting corrupt frames

Hi there I wonder if anyone can advise me.I have downloaded a movie and encoded part one successfully however the next 2 parts have the voice out of synch and I have just realised after much trial and error that there is a corrupt video frame.Is there anyway of either fixing this or if not deleting it.I know by deleting it I will lose a small part of the movie so I would rather avoid this if at all possible.Thanks for any help it is most appreciated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try DivFix or DivXAntifreeze. If neither helps, use VirtualDub to delete the frames...

Comment

• moragp
      • Sep 2002

in reply

Thanks for your advice.I have tried using divx but maybe I am not using it correctly.
      Firstly I rebuild index and then strip it,then when I go back to virtual dub I use the popup extension box and check box headed redrive keyframe.When I do this it starts working and then gets to corrupt file and stops with error code 100 again.
      Can you advise me if I am using it correctly.I presume if I am then it doesnt work and the only other option is deleting?

Thank you once again you always seem to be able to help
      Regards

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have tried using divx but maybe I am not using it correctly.
        Firstly I rebuild index and then strip it"

First of all, I presume you mean DivFix.
        Second, DON't strip the index after you've rebuilt it! Simply save the corrected file - and try to play it. Only if that doesn't "cure what ails you" should you try to use VirtualDub to delete the problem frames...

Comment

Working...